Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I was at a wedding a while back and went to use the loo in the church after the ceremony, and there outside the jacks stacked up like in a pub cellar was about 6 or 7 little kegs of holly water!
    Who knew you could get holly water by the keg?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I was at a wedding a while back and went to use the loo in the church after the ceremony, and there outside the jacks stacked up like in a pub cellar was about 6 or 7 little kegs of holly water!

sure you could get a priest to bless a lake if you like..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

If you dilute holy water, does it get less holy?

It seems to apply only for the Orthodox kind! ( I was just happen to read that a couple of hours ago and laughing at the sh1t they make up all the time)

Google translate page

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

so in all probability, the oceans of the world are holy. last time i take a piss in the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

AstraMonti wrote: »
    You win a liter of holy water. tell me the address to send it :D

It's a bit warm today. Can I have holy ice instead?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

that raises a question. at what point does holiness lose its structural integrity? do we have to go to steam or even plasma for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

that raises a question. at what point does holiness lose its structural integrity? do we have to go to steam or even plasma for that?

Does heavy water count too?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,906 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I was at a wedding a while back and went to use the loo in the church after the ceremony

Churches have toilets now?

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

Where do you think "Holy ****" go?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

It's literally on tap in Knock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

https://www.reddit.com/r/Christianity/comments/2xuoga/what_if_a_catholic_priest_were_to_just_bless_the/

Interesting questions about the effective bless range of various clerics ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,906 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

https://www.reddit.com/r/Christianity/comments/2xuoga/what_if_a_catholic_priest_were_to_just_bless_the/

Interesting questions about the effective bless range of various clerics ;)

Could apply that to blessing the road too. In theory one blessing of sufficient power would cover the entire road network of the island.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,555 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Could apply that to blessing the road too. In theory one blessing of sufficient power would cover the entire road network of the island.

Always makes me cringe when I see the pictures in the papers of them doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

What class of relic would they need for that? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,472 ✭✭✭✭looksee

What class of relic would they need for that? :pac:

A Ford Prefect maybe?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Perhaps a question for the christian forum?
    Can there be such a thing as holy ice or holy steam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,555 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Cabaal wrote: »

Well if the big fella can be father/son/holy ghost and can impregnate himself into Mary so he can be born and then die to sit at his own right hand side then I reckon holy water/ice/steam would be a piece of piss for him

• Registered Users Posts: 28,472 ✭✭✭✭looksee

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Your-Own-Holy-Water

I especially like the pagan holy water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Some holy steam must evaporate, therefore the air we breathe must be holy.
    That must be why the earth's atmosphere makes a kind of halo effect when seen from outer space (which is god's view of it)
    It all makes sense now dude, it must be all true!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

395144.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

If I only drink holy water is my wee still holy and if not at what point is the holiness gone and more importantly where does it go?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    If I only drink holy water is my wee still holy and if not at what point is the holiness gone and more importantly where does it go?

Your body is about 60% water (adult male) so if you drink nothing but holy water and food with only holy water in it you can only ever be 60% holy.

If you pee holy water then whatever that goes into would be holy I'd imagine, so I guess our rivers, lakes etc are holy? But then do sewage treatment plants stop it being holy?

Of course what if your body takes the holy out of the water, after all pee is waste from the body and surely the holyness can't be waste?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

That's how Michael Phelps got his start in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

This one did anyway - but then it also had kegs, there's a symbiotic thing going on there in my experience:D
    I don't spend a lot of time in them, would toilets be unusual?
    Surely anywhere you have crowds gathering, you'd need toilets, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

395181.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

one-man-died.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Cabaal wrote: »

Possibly the steam that rises in the church's toilet :pac:

• Advertisement

14051793_10210874104432533_5852586251975515212_n.jpg?oh=01150fc05cdeeadb7bd8e6713a6c08ca&oe=585133DC

Advertisement