Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

^^^ Mah brayn hurtz.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

287954.gif

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators Posts: 51,789 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_mz4m4vNqJO1tom7mxo1_500.png
    tumblr_mz4iriG1fO1smpm6vo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_mz4fspX0nC1raw1oio1_400.jpg
    tumblr_mz467aY4LP1raw1oio1_500.png

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

SW wrote: »
    tumblr_mz4m4vNqJO1tom7mxo1_500.png

tumblr_m6fynnfpM21rxc156o1_500.gif

287972.jpg

• Advertisement

Ulster says "F*ck off":

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/theatre-arts/stop-unholy-play-that-mocks-bible-dup-man-billy-ball-urges-29901228.html
    A DUP politician has slammed a touring theatre group he claims is mocking the Bible, and is demanding the production be cancelled. The Reduced Shakespeare Company is set to perform The Bible: The Complete Word Of God (abridged) at the Theatre At The Mill in Newtownabbey later this month.

According to the promotion for the production, the cast "tackle the great theological questions: Did Adam and Eve have navels? Did Moses really look like Charlton Heston? And why isn't the word 'phonetic' spelled the way it sounds?" Its publicity claims it's "an irreverent rollercoaster ride, from fig leaves to Final Judgement".

"Whether you are Catholic or Atheist, Muslim or Jew, Protestant or Purple People Eater, you will be tickled by the RSC's romp through old time religion. Remember ... Someone is watching." Newtownabbey councillor Billy Ball claims the play makes a mockery of the Bible and Christianity. "This is supposed to be a Christian nation and we are allowing the Bible to be mocked and slated," he said. "Our parliaments are sworn under it, the courts offer an oath on the Bible, if that's your religious choice.

"Christians can be slagged for their beliefs and I can take that, I don't mind that, but when it comes to the Bible that's different, it's sacred. "People die every day for the Bible in countries where believers are persecuted." Mr Ball claimed other faiths wouldn't be used in comedy as readily. "If this was the Qu'ran I would very much doubt they'd go near it.

"As we enter the year of Shakespeare's 450th birthday, why aren't they coming to Newtownabbey with an appropriate production? "As it stands, I'd be calling for public pressure to have it pulled. "My wife, councillor Audrey Ball, has recently been put on the artistic board, so I know in future she will speak up for Christianity. "Those against her strong beliefs better watch out."

Alliance councillor John Blair told the Belfast Telegraph the artistic board is appointed by the full council and is representative of the community. "At the excellent facilities at The Mill in Newtownabbey, it needs to have a broad range and different types of productions because that's what the paying public expect."

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

robindch wrote: »

I bet the same idiot also really really really really hates Life Of Brian :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I think I have just realised how J C can afford a computer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Turns out all you people are evil Hitler, Stalin, Dawkins, Mao & Hitchens followers...

288142.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

tdv123 wrote: »
    Turns out all you people are evil Hitler, Stalin, Dawkins, Mao & Hitchens followers...

So to "prove" Satan rebelled against god, they quote a passage (about 5 mins in) in the bible which was directed against the king of Tyre, supposedly showing that god deposed him.

The incompetence is breathtaking.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

What was with the angels having fancy/sh1te looking lightsabres?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

CramCycle wrote: »
    What was with the angels having fancy/sh1te looking lightsabres?

A combination of trying to tap into the generation that follow a sh1te series of films (the prequels) with an equally sh1te ripoff?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

tdv123 wrote: »

I face palmed when I saw the opening title....amazing facts? seriously.

Just so much wrong with this video, so many levels

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Cabaal wrote: »
    I face palmed when I saw the opening title....amazing facts? seriously.

Just so much wrong with this video, so many levels

Fractally wrong. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,892 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

With only one life to live, 14 minutes to watch that seems such a waste... I'll pass.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

2QikChp.jpg

288292.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,892 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

robindch wrote: »

What did they do to that cheesecake? The only miracle is that they could make so much of a balls of it.

• Advertisement

288422.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I can't find enough words to describe this masterpiece. I 'll just quote something from the song then:

"Jesus christ is my nίgger"

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

"I preach the word, that's my gig.
    And I rhyme better than the notorious Big."

We've found who really killed Biggie Smalls.

288591.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

533869_555408431189891_1642657007_n.jpg

1503832_724048517620442_1885046557_n.jpg

1501746_500650156718603_860016309_n.jpg

1530522_636617689735423_1940078618_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Instapray - your prayer app!
    Instapray is a mobile application that connects people around the world through prayers.
    Request prayers, share your prayers, pray for someone, and get connected!

Become a part of the Instapray community and share your love, support, happiness, or struggles with the world around you.

Pray in small, private groups or with the whole world! Engage in meaningful conversations, follow users that you care for or join groups that are of interest to you.
    With Instapray you can:
    - Share your prayers with others
    - Receive prayers from around the world
    - Build your own trusted and supportive communities
    - Browse through the global prayer feed
    - Follow users that impact your life
    - Create your unique profile
    - Search for particular users, prayers or groups
    - Connect with your Facebook account
    - Keep track of all your prayers and interactions

Google Play

I can't even... just wat

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭sephir0th

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Instapray - your prayer app!

Google Play

I can't even... just wat

wat8.jpg

288761.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

We are not some to talk
    Wiki wrote:
    Papal Cross
    The Papal Cross was erected at the edge of Fifteen Acres for the visit of Pope John Paul II on 29 September 1979. Over one million people attended an open air mass in the park at the time. The white cross, which dominates its surroundings, is 35 metres (115 ft) high and was built with steel girders. It was installed with some difficulty: after several attempts, the cross was eventually erected just a fortnight before the Pope arrived.

Papal%20Cross.png

Advertisement