Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

17264381_1341267819293407_3900918087688974485_n.jpg?oh=3b40ba73846033fbf97a32c7f3435e61&oe=596C7535

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

17353434_10155089714403894_647255003369420473_n.jpg?oh=7a7567ff05200ded4624f2127d2d9708&oe=592FB72A

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Not sure if it is funny so much as it made ME laugh at how out of touch I am getting in my advancing years.

But my 3 year old son is getting a bit into something called "Dinotrux" from america (though he watches it here in German). Anyway he has been watching a few English episodes on You tube and a few videos of people playing with the toys from the show (Yea I am old, but watching people playing with toys is a thing now).

Anyway suddenly noticed he was going around singing things like "Jesus is my saaaaaaviour I am doomed without jesus" or some such and then singing "all fall short of the glory of god" and even "The wages of sin is death" was understandably baffled at this.

Turns out there is you tube channels that lure young kids in with toy play and the like, but then evangelizes at them textually and musically before, after, and sometimes during their videos. The one that sucked him in is a channel called "Growing Little Ones for Jesus".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

412224.gif

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Turns out there is you tube channels that lure young kids in with toy play and the like, but then evangelizes at them textually and musically before, after, and sometimes during their videos. The one that sucked him in is a channel called "Growing Little Ones for Jesus".

Man thats messed up,

Of course one has to question why a married women (she has a wedding ring on) feels the need to play with children's toys....other then trying to concert people.

• Advertisement

Fake reviews, to lure kids, and sneak a sermon on them

That's low

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

On the subject of religious youtube videos.

Introducing Faith Kids

One of the underlying messages for this episode includes...don't think for yourself, you are sinful, be what god wants you to be...not what you want to be.

412345.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,336 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

C7aOCleWwAAbfPi.jpg

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

I know its been posted elsewhere already but...

C7cHM0jX0AEDV1_.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

^^^ Got to laugh at La Quinn expostulating on the necessity of something called "balance".

Cabaal wrote: »
    I know its been posted elsewhere already but...

Oh the irony. :D

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

robindch wrote: »
    ^^^ Got to laugh at La Quinn expostulating on the necessity of something called "balance".

What kind of balance could he possibly mean in relation to the redress scheme for the survivors of church abuse ? That they some how deserved their treatment ?

CptMackey wrote: »
    What kind of balance could he possibly mean in relation to the redress scheme for the survivors of church abuse?
    Maybe he's referring to a bank balance? Or the lack of one, given how much the protected orders have paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Maybe he's referring to a bank balance? Or the lack of one, given how much the protected orders have paid.

It's a relatively 'balanced' article to be fair to Quinn. Essentially summed up by the final paragraph:

"In the end, we need a balanced approach to this issue. Yes, the orders should meet the commitment they made in 2009, and yes, the good that the orders have done, and are doing, should also be taken into consideration when declaring our verdict upon them."

It's a relatively 'balanced' article to be fair to Quinn. Essentially summed up by the final paragraph:

"In the end, we need a balanced approach to this issue. Yes, the orders should meet the commitment they made in 2009, and yes, the good that the orders have done, and are doing, should also be taken into consideration when declaring our verdict upon them."

The orders should start paying compound interest on their debts from the date the debt was due, and where payment is not forthcoming their assets should be seized in lieu. Of course they'd prefer the usual arrangement....

dadf961c6a311e646b607dfe0dbec9e1.jpg

islam1.jpg

C76037DV4AE_vxp.jpg

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

^^^ Shouldn't "god" be replaced with "jehovah" above?

• Advertisement

^^^ Shouldn't "god" be replaced with "jehovah" above?

you're braver than I am

stoning%20013_jpg.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 51,792 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

413101.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

^^^ Cartagena, Colombia? Lovely place - dropped by the city for five days last August with my kid. Highly recommended :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Cartagena, Spain. Also a wonderful place. Founded by the Carthaginians, hence the name.

They've been doing the pointy hat thing since medieval times, and they're not about to be stopped by some fascist American blow-ins. It's not just in Cartagena, though; you'll find them in lots of Spanish cities. They work off a wider colour palette than the KKK.

Peregrinus wrote: »
    They work off a wider colour palette than the KKK.

Everyone needs an occasional splash of colour

3614.jpg

(and any excuse for a Ramones number)

C8KwcU5VoAEXZon.jpg

413498.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

And it was at this time, during the darkest days of christianity, that as he was nailed to the cross and raised up for all to gaze upon his twisted body, he looked down wearily at his 12 apostles and said with his last gasping breath....DONT TOUCH MY ****ING EASTER EGGS!! I`LL BE BACK ON SUNDAY!

C8j6j67XUAAMavs.jpg

• Advertisement

C8jhDklXcAAbtm7.jpg

Advertisement