Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

I'll enjoy any holiday that gives me an extra day off work. Thank you Easter Bunny.

And a great excuse for beers

• Registered Users Posts: 28,472 ✭✭✭✭looksee

infogiver wrote: »
    You don't need CSI. Jesus died when a Roman soldier plunged his spear into his side.
    I want to wish a very happy and holy Easter to all the posters on A&A who I just know are all at home enjoying this most Christian of Christian holidays!

That is not correct according to the bible - John 19:33-35 - Jesus was already dead when the soldier stuck a spear in his side.

looksee wrote: »
    That is not correct according to the bible - John 19:33-35 - Jesus was already dead when the soldier stuck a spear in his side.

It was supposed to test if he was dead or not yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,902 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Never happened

May or may not but has zero effect on me either way. Or at least it would, were it not for the lackwits who cite a book saying that it's true as proof that that book is true...

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

It was supposed to test if he was dead or not yeah?

Presumably that was why he did it; it says that the soldiers broke the legs of the two thieves on either side, but did not break Jesus' legs as he was already dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

You don't need CSI. Jesus died when a Roman soldier plunged his spear into his side.
    I want to wish a very happy and holy Easter to all the posters on A&A who I just know are all at home enjoying this most Christian of Christian holidays!

You mean the pagan festival of Eostre?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

And where else would we be, given that all the nation's bloody pubs are closed?

Mod: OK folks - and I am as bad as the rest of ye, lets get back to the funnies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Easter-card.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,555 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

2qm46dj.jpg

• Advertisement

414665.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

414749.gif

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

414758.jpg

Gebgbegb wrote: »

That linked to this which I hadn't seen before. Spot on impersonation of Dawkins:

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,336 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

C9mmpZJUAAEGQul.jpg

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

You should probably read your NT again. ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

t'would be funnier if it was less true

415257.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

OVDUzcP.jpg

415395.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement

http://ifiplayer.ie/irish-catholic-church-insurance

"Can I have a fire, theft and paedophilia policy please"

Also this:

http://ifiplayer.ie/radharc-manners-in-church/

Think the tall chinny fella is Don Cockburn the RTE news reader.

C-fLrZfVYAAaz56.jpg

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

416026.jpg

416031.jpg

h5jcgpp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Tonight's TV listings

21:15 Noah (T)

(2014, Fantasy) A man is chosen by God to build an ark capable of housing pairs of every living creature when the world is...

416595.jpg

C_JHjkvVYAARAsK.jpg

18198571_888303491309858_8030321510815721449_n.jpg?oh=9726fbdf8fefa603be369fb812a1195f&oe=597867E9

(Stolen from YLYL)

• Advertisement

417284.jpg

Advertisement