Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

silverharp wrote: »
    am I guilty of wrong think?
    No. Though you have posted an image which Katie Hopkins also retweeted recently, and which - so far as I can make out - seems to be trying to satirize a form of masochistic political thinking which seems to have no significant existence in reality beyond the overheated minds of people like Ms Hopkins.

One can't help but wonder if Hopkins and her friends in hard-right media outlets are so publicly concerned about this political masochism because such a large amount of their popularity and their output, and therefore their income, depends on its existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

422493.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 18,336 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

robindch wrote: »
    No. Though you have posted an image which Katie Hopkins also retweeted recently, and which - so far as I can make out - seems to be trying to satirize a form of masochistic political thinking which seems to have no significant existence in reality beyond the overheated minds of people like Ms Hopkins.

One can't help but wonder if Hopkins and her friends in hard-right media outlets are so publicly concerned about this political masochism because such a large amount of their popularity and their output, and therefore their income, depends on its existence.

you dont expect me to check whether Hopkins has posted something I want to post? What the hell is "hard right?" All I see is establishment and a counter cultural mostly an online push back, some maybe left of centre and some maybe right of centre some maybe a mix or libertarian minded.

as for your last point you could say that about any group its kind of meaningless.

anyway back on topic

C5L9xzCWEAAjlw9.jpg

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Take that Atheists

MWzOtYy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Who needs pedalling when you have the power of belief!

RqFMeVT.gif

• Advertisement

423037.jpg

What the hell are the 2 guys to the sides doing? :eek:

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Maybe their arms actually stretch up the sleeves and the middle guy is just a stuffed dummy?

I grant they'd need epically bending arms though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Arms stretching up? Oh you of pure mind!

They could of course also be stretching downwards, allowing the two younger priests to administer to their elder colleague, the most gentle of buttock massages.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

sE4cxMe.jpg?1

423689.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

20375887_1098107966992189_6188646546436548690_n.jpg?oh=033b7e516370de99e53b5b1c15787a02&oe=5A38D1F4

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Michael OBrien

AstraMonti wrote: »
    20375887_1098107966992189_6188646546436548690_n.jpg?oh=033b7e516370de99e53b5b1c15787a02&oe=5A38D1F4
    and back again. with zero fossil evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

...while also being a deadly sin

DGKelHYUMAArGFi.jpg

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators Posts: 51,792 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Delirium wrote: »
    “I don’t understand how allowing a mechanical spider to stand on the cathedral is anything but disturbing, disappointing and even shameful,” wrote Diane Bartlett on the archbishop’s Facebook wall.

Wow.

DGMmt_YUMAAzMPr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,472 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Oh! right, that took a minute...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

20479775_1483096908417590_9007686054086264805_n.jpg?oh=9979cebf0ebbd0b859c9b17ef78fead9&oe=5A2E34E6

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

looksee wrote: »
    Oh! right, that took a minute...

Eddie Izzard explains it rather well...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Pub bosses have apologised after asking a group of trainee priests to leave their Cardiff venue, mistaking them for a stag party in fancy dress.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-40792962?ocid=socialflow_twitter&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=twitter

DGUIpOPUQAAYfe7.jpg

Mecca airport?

smacl wrote: »
    Mecca airport?

possibly Turkey based on below

http://www.gokyuzuhaberci.com/haber.php?id=38724

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Was guessing Mecca because of people facing in different directions. If you're already in Mecca and want to face towards Mecca, no problem. Otherwise someone's facing the wrong way :)

smacl wrote: »
    Was guessing Mecca because of people facing in different directions. If you're already in Mecca and want to face towards Mecca, no problem. Otherwise someone's facing the wrong way :)

I assume in Mecca you face in the direction of the Kabba

I assume in Mecca you face in the direction of the Kabba

No doubt. The lengths some people will go to to get a beer

kabahouse.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Anyone for a rendition of "Rock The Kabbah?" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,902 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

smacl I am *appalled* at your disrespect.

:pac:

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

Advertisement