Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

424257.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,336 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

DGfPAnnVwAAUN87.jpg

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

424356.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Armando Ianucci's latest film will be released towards the end of October. It's a cheery look at the death of Stalin:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

425077.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

ehm...ok

WvvFVnE.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,336 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

^^

I remember being told, "Bandon, where even the pigs are Protestant" , this family didn't get the memo . I'd be inclined to blank out the address

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

silverharp wrote: »
    ^^

I remember being told, "Bandon, where even the pigs are Protestant" , this family didn't get the memo . I'd be inclined to blank out the address

the house is for sale on daft.ie. the picture is already public.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

AstraMonti wrote: »
    ehm...ok

WvvFVnE.png

There are a couple of posters on boards that house might belong to... Can you imagine how much fun they would be to live beside, i bet they are lovely, accommodating, open minded, and empathetic neighbours.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

MrPudding wrote: »
    There are a couple of posters on boards that house might belong to... Can you imagine how much fun they would be to live beside, i bet they are lovely, accommodating, open minded, and empathetic neighbours.

MrP

I like it. It would be a nice counterpoint to my satanic altar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

From some one itk
    What's more scary than the next door neighbour's back garden is the fact the estate agent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

the house is for sale on daft.ie. the picture is already public.

The neighbours house which the statues are in isn't the one being advertised... although the statues are in view of neighbours on either side so I doubt there is a privacy infringement .

• Registered Users Posts: 34,902 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

tricky D wrote: »
    From some one itk

Huh??

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

in the know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

425664.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

The church of the flaming buttholes.. reminds me how I feel after I have a vindaloo.

426268.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Although no book at all of Atheists laughing at themselves? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

we don't believe in that book; and i'll have you know that a collection of words we don't believe in is not a 'book'.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

that was a badly worded joke, btw.

426934.jpg

^^^ More of a right-wing meme than a gag - no?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

There are funny jokes and then there are lazy insults...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

b2bba453191887cdff5876bd8a4c4c9b--caitlin-stasey-black-man.jpg

It's probably been posted before.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Samaris wrote: »
    b2bba453191887cdff5876bd8a4c4c9b--caitlin-stasey-black-man.jpg

It's probably been posted before.

That would be Hinduism I assume?

• Advertisement

Belfast's new Lord Mayor is an atheist and a lady of the female persuasion. Her installation dinner was on Saturday evening and she decided not to say grace before meals which caused an assortment of clerics and minor politicians to become mildly upset:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/row-after-belfasts-atheist-mayor-skips-prayers-before-dinner-at-installation-36096373.html

Advertisement