Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

428074.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

From YLYL:

428077.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,333 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

DKPNlcFVwAEb-6A.jpg

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

428577.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Tim Jackson gets one of his fellow pro-lifers to take his spot in the hunger strike while he goes off to have his tea.

21687610_10154813377721641_924044810431338991_n.jpg?oh=0dcc62db801fece45c87923362534248&oe=5A54BE7D

• Advertisement

428771.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Whats in the box?
    Its a broken meteorite that landed in the desert a long time ago.
    So, obviously sent by the gods. Sorry, I meant by the one true god.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

428895.jpg

DKm75QpWsAAaD6K.jpg

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

http://www.whats-your-sign.com/zodiac-flower-signs.html

I got nothing, even a funny comment. The stuff that people come up with.

• Advertisement

Samaris wrote: »
    Don't forget to read the disclaimer down at the bottom of the spiel :)
    Your zodiac flower sign personality may differ according to the conditions of your soil, water, sunlight, and weather conditions

Yaay....Saudi women now allowed to drive cars.

women-driving-in-saudi-arabia.png

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

recedite wrote: »
    Yaay....Saudi women now allowed to drive cars.

women-driving-in-saudi-arabia.png

Reminds me I need to order up my meeseeks onesie for Halloween:)

smacl wrote: »
    Reminds me I need to order up my meeseeks onesie for Halloween
    Which reminds me of this..

DK0S47AW4AAW--y.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

21768442_1557619820991538_4694379794837812614_n.jpg?oh=09e375ce4c299a3b667acd9edc771023&oe=5A4362E4

• Registered Users Posts: 3 White Pride

If Islam is a religion of peace, shouldn't Islamic extremists be extremely peaceful?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

If Islam is a religion of peace, shouldn't Islamic extremists be extremely peaceful?
    Only if you think that what defines Islamic extremists is that they are extremely Islamic.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,901 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Obvious troll is obvious.

There is no such thing as a religion of peace. All religions preach hatred.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Advertisement

Not always - Jainism seems to be a peaceful enough religion and with just a quick look, I can't find any record of wars initiated by polities in which Jainism was the majority religion or state religion.

On the contrary, religions essentially preach propagation and each one has evolved a series of strategies designed to support this. The easiest way of course is to divide individuals into a blessed ingroup and a damned outgroup and leave natural human tendencies to work their damage. But there are other ways as well.

Yeah but have Jainists ever knocked at your door, or handed you a leaflet?

Peace and love is no way to propagate a faith successfully. War, genocide, forced conversion and death threats are where it's at and it's no accident that the Abrahamic faiths have been so successful.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

429396.jpg

Obvious troll is obvious.
    And, as if to prove that very point:

Sorry you're butt-hurt about your faith (among others) being called out for what it is but (a) that's not trolling and (b) wtf did you expect in here?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,568 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

004-pryor-vampires.jpg

430004.jpg

Sorry you're butt-hurt about your faith (among others) being called out for what it is but (a) that's not trolling and (b) wtf did you expect in here?
    I expected a little more self-awareness. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,472 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Mod: Report trolling please rather than commenting on it. This is a humour thread, if you don't like the show, don't pay in. (I personally don't consider much of the humour here very humorous, but that is subjective and irrelevant). On with the funnies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭TempPeck

22310538_1460352797345224_1942936161967331655_n.jpg?oh=81983bbf46e1848f3a6d59767d823ef0&oe=5A7D4CC9

Advertisement