Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

436930.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Looking for a scary movie this Christmas? There's nun better than this

25508083_10155249715962685_1497426431986299781_n.jpg?oh=4627afbcda59d157436f6b60ce0c68b1&oe=5AFBAC9C

436939.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

436988.jpg

437020.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

It's permanent Halloween in a certain religion. Those burkas are a daily celebration and reminder of the hallowed eve. Mo must have been a fan.

437021.jpg

437043.jpg

437055.jpg

437063.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

A couple of seasonal ones from xkcd

santa_facts.png

the_true_meaning_of_christmas.png

• Registered Users Posts: 34,901 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I like xkcd but those two are just not funny in the slightest. Sorry.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I think this is more sad, than funny, but it has its dark comical side as well.

This happened some time in August in Greece, where the "magical" holy mary illustration "randomly" beats up unclean people. We have failed as species. It's almost 2018 ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

50 euro says my unclean steel dustbin lid can beat that armoured painting in a fight :pac:

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Could go equally well in the "fruitcakes" thread:

1514467341-20171228%20(1).png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,331 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

DSSBaBEV4AATPku.jpg

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

437440.jpg

438001.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,331 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

DTU_m5KVMAAbGRR.jpg

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

438591.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

christ.bmp

439362.jpg

This thread. https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057834242/1/#post105951573

What makes it more funny for me, is that I have absolutely no idea if they are serious or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

AstraMonti wrote: »

What makes it more funny for me, is that I have absolutely no idea if they are serious or not.

Has to be a piss take, a very well crafted piss take.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

When crosslinking to another forum, it's considered polite to include a link in the remote thread, just so that people contributing there can also contribute to the local post here.

Thanking youze.

440021.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

My question was a honest one, but sadly its been derailed by one particular poster. There was however some honest replys which were refreshing in that they were from Christians/Catholics who see no problems with contraception.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Cabaal wrote: »
    My question was a honest one, but sadly its been derailed by one particular poster. There was however some honest replys which were refreshing in that they were from Christians/Catholics who see no problems with contraception.

In fairness, some people (myself included) have been egging him on a bit, so you can't really blame him for derailing it.

robindch wrote: »
    When crosslinking to another forum, it's considered polite to include a link in the remote thread, just so that people contributing there can also contribute to the local post here.

Thanking youze.

Apologies, will do so on the next occurrence.
    Cabaal wrote: »

I 've no doubts about your good will. What left me surprised were the responses and knowing some religious people I couldn't figure if they were being serious or not. Your original question is indeed a very serious one, we 're in 2018 for the love of condoms :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Comedy gold , it gets better and better as I read it

Some gems :
    Of course she is entitled to have sexual relations with her husband.
    We are entitled to sexual activity which befits us as God's children. This means that the full ejaculation of the male must be deposited in the female. This naturally bans all sexual activity which results in the spillage of the ejaculation.
    What about anal sex?
    Absolutely forbidden. This is the crime which cries out to the high heavens for Vengence.
    The full ejaculation must be deposited in the vagina.
    Remember, your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit.
    Oral sex is forbidden for it conforms to base animal instincts. I said that the FULL ejaculation must be deposited in the female vagina. You, as a son of God must rise above your animal nature, and become a co worker with Almighty God in His divine plan for procreation.

But as mentioned, this user must be taking the piss!!!

Advertisement