Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

What does God have for his tea?
    Angel cakes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

nippy.png

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

60337028_2400813453338833_7694924215660576768_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=a25c1fbc11ca474de3cab52716831dc6&oe=5D7515B6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

2udxiqp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

480184.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 34,893 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

480203.jpg

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

480203.jpg

Really incredible when viewed this way !!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Really incredible when viewed this way !!
    Well, also incredible because not actually correct. The very first act attributed to Yahweh in the Torah, the Creation, occurs outside the circle, and indeed encompasses everything in the entire diagram.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Peregrinus wrote: »
    Well, also incredible because not actually correct. The very first act attributed to Yahweh in the Torah, the Creation, occurs outside the circle, and indeed encompasses everything in the entire diagram.
    It only encompasses everything because the people who wrote down the genesis story don't seem to have believed that the universe extended much beyond earth's sky - essentially, the red box in the picture plus just enough to contain the nearby stars, moons and planets.

Since those days, the definition of "universe" has expanded substantially, so it does seem a little unfair of you to suggest the ancient understanding of the universe and the modern are similar enough that the broad thrust of Hotblack's image is wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,893 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Not Hector's image, Robin!

Not mine, either :)

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

Not Hector's image, Robin!
    Eight minutes from posting to inthread correction - impressive - post edited and attributed correctly :o

There's a lot of scrolling required to get the whole universe onto a BB page, even if it is not exactly to scale.

height.png

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

RTÉ really pulled out all the stops for the Angelus this week
    (warning GOT spoilers)

https://twitter.com/dvvidmurray/status/1128304614456078336?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

15p1flk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

Worztron wrote: »

That might offend a lot of people here, be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Pero_Bueno wrote: »

Do you ever make well thought out posts here, or is it a rule just to fire off shallow hit & run jibes?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,554 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Seeing as it was posted 6 days ago and you're the 1st person to post since then think it's safe to say that the upset is non exsistent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

Seeing as it was posted 6 days ago and you're the 1st person to post since then think it's safe to say that the upset is non exsistent.
    Posts like his are useful though. I find boards much more peaceful since I started routinely adding the most delusional posters to my ignore list.

mikhail wrote: »
    Posts like his are useful though. I find boards much more peaceful since I started routinely adding the most delusional posters to my ignore list.

But...but...but...if you ignore them, how do you laugh at them? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

Zero thanks (bar mine), whilst the lamest of christian jokes gets full of thanks, yeah - people are afraid to thank it, they might be thought of - dare we say it : "RACIST" ....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Zero thanks (bar mine), whilst the lamest of christian jokes gets full of thanks, yeah - people are afraid to thank it, they might be thought of - dare we say it : "RACIST" ....

Whining about not getting thanked? WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭Odhinn

You mean you're all upset because people neccessarily don't share your sense of humour? Because they won't jump in the direction you think they should? Dear o dear.

So...bottom line...you're a thanks whore? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

So...bottom line...you're a thanks whore? :confused:

He's complaining that we (the atheist regulars) didn't thank the Muhammed pic in great numbers.

In my defence, I didn't know it was compulsory to thank every post I liked or found funny. :confused:

Why don't you try posting an actual gag and and see if you can get a thank or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

It's a link to a relevant wikipedia article, illustrated in a fairly obvious and not very witty way.

I don't have a problem with it as a post; it's reelevant to the thread and, in other respects, perfectly fine. But it's hardly thank-worthy. In a humour thread, a pretty basic requirement for a thank is that you should post something notably humorous, and this makes no attempt at that. I doubt that Worztron was expecting a deluge of thanks for this contribution.

The notion that it's not getting thanks because people are afraid of being accussed of racism looks like something put up a conspiracy theorist looking for a conspiracy to theorise about. It's not getting thanks because . . . well, why would it?

• Advertisement

Meanwhile, back on topic...

God+brain+you+are+here+joke+cartoon.jpg

Advertisement