Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

pauldla wrote: »
    There's a bit of that in the Noah story too, IIRC. :D

Meabh was - to use the technical term - a bit of a goer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Meabh was - to use the technical term - a bit of a goer.

That may explain why there is no Ladybird book about her. :D

Actually, those Ladybird books are great, I've been getting such as I can for my own kids and they love them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

293883.gif

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

world+round+god+laughed.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

It's official. UK floods are Biblical

1240039_423487977754719_118934154_n.jpg

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

It's from last year I know, but . . . . . :D

article-2307713-193E4E9B000005DC-456_634x632.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

God's 12 Biggest Dick Moves In The Old Testament - courtesy of IO9.com. The comments are worth a look too.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

Wereghost wrote: »
    God's 12 Biggest Dick Moves In The Old Testament - courtesy of IO9.com. The comments are worth a look too.

That's an epic photo of Billy Connolly under those thunderous clouds, brandishing a massive stick. Typical Scottish weather.

294105.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement

There's a lot of real LOVE for jesus here, from brother Donny Reagan. All he wants in this life, is to feel jesus inside him.

YagkH8v.jpg

This image would also be at home in the Rep Fruitcakes thread.

YNz5WkE.jpg

mn3UqxN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Calling it Global Warming was the correct thing to do as it is the average heating up of the Earth's temperature. The only problem is nitwits seem to the think that the land surface they occupy seems to be the embodiment of the entire globe!

Jernal wrote: »
    Calling it Global Warming was the correct thing to do as it is the average heating up of the Earth's temperature. The only problem is nitwits seem to the think that the land surface they occupy seems to be the embodiment of the entire globe!

I lived in the US 14 years ago, and trying to explain where Ireland is located was exhausting. Even saying "Europe" rarely helped matters. Not many Americans have passports, because their planet is MURICA!

"It snowed, therefore no Global Warming." :rolleyes:

I found myself on the Daily Fail website earlier, and there was an article about the ship that got stuck in ice off Antarctica. The comments section was filled with 'experts' who saw this as evidence that the Earth is NOT getting warmer. Who needs scientists eh?
    Dail Mail reader: Arctic ice was up 29% last year. Antarctic ice (overall volume) is the highest in thirty-five years. Who are the deniers now?

^^^^
    Obviously a climatologist.

"No, but interestingly it does have more SEA ice than it used to. There's land ice, the ice that exists on the land of Antarctica, which is a continent, and then there's sea ice, which for the most part forms in the winter and melts in the summer. The land ice, the glaciers, is what you have to worry about, and that is melting at an alarming rate. Now why there is more sea ice in Antarctica than there had been is an interesting question, one that has been studied."
    Basically the seawater, which is of course saltwater and freezes at a lower temperature (which is why you use salt to melt ice on your driveway) has been diluted by the less-dense freshwater coming off the melting glaciers, making for a less-salinated ocean surrounding Antarctica which can now freeze at a higher temperature- hence, when the ocean gets cold in the winter, more of the water freezes than used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

a6wBp6m_460s_v1.jpg

294244.jpg

294252.gif

294387.gif

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

'Bless me Father, for I have sinned. It’s been 4 weeks since me last confession, I have been with a loose girl.' The Priest asks, 'Is that you, Paddy Gilford?' 'Yeah, Father, it is.' 'And who was the girl you were with?' 'I can't tell yeh, Father, I don't want to ruin her reputation.' "Well, Paddy, I'm sure to find out her name sooner or later so you may as well tell me now. Was it Tina Holland?" 'I cannot say.' 'Was it Teresa Greene?' 'I'll never tell.' 'Was it Nelly Doyle?' 'I'm sorry, but I cannot name her.' 'Was it Cathy Murphy?' 'My lips are sealed Father.' 'Well then, was it Rosy O’Grady?' 'Please, Father, I cannot tell you.'

The priest sighs in frustration. 'You're very tight lipped, and I admire that. But you've sinned and have to atone. You cannot be an altar boy now for 4 months. Now you go and behave yourself.' Paddy walks back to his pew, and his friend Christy slides over and whispers, 'What'd you get?' 'Four month's vacation and five excellent leads.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Saw this on Lamebook and was compelled to share. :)
    exactly.jpg
    exactly-2

294590.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 51,789 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

1912489_10151992189711969_1552170761_n.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    WTF indeed

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    WTF indeed

The first 5min or so of this explains Bibleman and gives you a better view of just how silly it is

T7Bx2AM.jpg

294763.gif

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Behold the Txtspk Bible

DIS iz d 1st bible in d wrld n Txtspk eng. Millions of people, students, scholars, pastors, missionaries, & laypersons alike, hav trusted Txtspk Bible, learning frm it & applying it 2 d challenges of thR daily lives. d Txtspk Bible adds insight 2 d gr8 King James Version of d Bible, az U rED d wrd of God.

Getting down wiv the kidz Innit?

Advertisement