Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

303618.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

1017767_635779986510785_1573854516247968644_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

767671.png

303732.gif

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

NSFW

Lots of cursing in this song (the word f*ck is used 84 times apparently)....I introduce "The Pope Song"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHRDfut2Vx0

It takes about 20sec to get started

NSFW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

Cabaal wrote: »

NSFW

Lots of cursing in this song (the word f*ck is used 84 times apparently)....I introduce "The Pope Song"

NSFW

Great, now my screen has a pair of scissors sticking out of it. You really need to be more careful about posting such misleading cut lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Cabaal wrote: »

NSFW

NSFW
    If you like, that I can recommend Storm: The Animated Movie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

OH was discussing Easter with Little Kiwi today while I was at work and told him what Catholics/Christians believe that it means. Little Kiwi's response; "And what do normal people believe Daddy?" :P

It is early days yet but there is already a clear winner emerging in Atheist Mummy v's Catholic school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

A reminder for all of us given the day that it was

niEBEbM.png

303845.gif

• Advertisement

303933.gif

303934.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Happy Zombie Jesus day all

303936.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Happy_434b7a_409723.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I'm convinced this is some serious trolling, considering where the song comes from :pac:

Girl sings at a church, her choice of song is the opening of a most notoriously violent and disturbing Anime, Elfen Lied. If the churchgoers only knew! How violent and disturbing you ask? PM me and I'll send you a clip, not posting it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Oh, is that Elfen Lied thing the one with the psychic alien things in it? Great description, I know... :o

I saw it once when I was 15 or so, and I think I remember it.

And c'mon, Links... sure, it might be violent, but it's only an animé? Right? :o

(I'm sure you'll kill me for saying it's "only" an animé, too... :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Links234 wrote: »
    I'm convinced this is some serious trolling, considering where the song comes from :pac:

Girl sings at a church, her choice of song is the opening of a most notoriously violent and disturbing Anime, Elfen Lied. If the churchgoers only knew! How violent and disturbing you ask? PM me and I'll send you a clip, not posting it here.
    Just watched the first 9 minutes of the first episode, you weren't kidding!

DazMarz wrote: »
    Oh, is that Elfen Lied thing the one with the psychic alien things in it? Great description, I know... :o

I saw it once when I was 15 or so, and I think I remember it.

And c'mon, Links... sure, it might be violent, but it's only an animé? Right? :o

(I'm sure you'll kill me for saying it's "only" an animé, too... :o)

Gonna PM you the opening scene, so you can confirm or deny if you've seen it, but if you have... c'mon, it's not just violent, that was disturbing on a whole other level. That scene with the dog, that was probably one of the most downright upsetting things I've ever watched in a show, anime or not.

But only anime? I'm not so sure, I find a good anime can sucker-punch you right in the feels ;)

TheChizler wrote: »
    Just watched the first 9 minutes of the first episode, you weren't kidding!

I certainly wasn't! And it gets even worse (or better?) ;)

Oooh, me next! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Yeah... I just watched it again there. 10 years had blunted the extreme-ness of it. Jesus H. Corbett... That was rough. Cheers, tho, Links. Was "good" to see it again. Sorta... :/

Uhh, yeah... not one for the kids then. Not sure I'll be chasing down the rest of it though. :pac:

Yeah... I just watched it again there. 10 years had blunted the extreme-ness of it. Jesus H. Corbett... That was rough. Cheers, tho, Links. Was "good" to see it again. Sorta... :/
    Sorry DazMarz, what was that?
    but it's only an animé? Right? :o

*ahem* :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Gonna PM you the opening scene, so you can confirm or deny if you've seen it, but if you have... c'mon, it's not just violent, that was disturbing on a whole other level. That scene with the dog, that was probably one of the most downright upsetting things I've ever watched in a show, anime or not.

But only anime? I'm not so sure, I find a good anime can sucker-punch you right in the feels ;)
    We talking "Ichi the Killer" disturbing or are we going down the "tentacle" route of disturbing?

smokingman wrote: »
    We talking "Ichi the Killer" disturbing or are we going down the "tentacle" route of disturbing?
    more along the lines of Ichi, if Ichi managed to also build up to the emotional equivalent of kicking you in the stomach repeatedly while you're on the ground. But no, nothing of the other sort of disturbing.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

taken from Breda O'Briens article "Why Pokémon players dream of an electric saviour"

"My 12-year-old suggested at dinner that instead of talking about Jesus, today I should talk about Bird Jesus.
    As the laughter subsided
    "

WHAT A RIDICULOUS IDEA. BIRD JESUS. LIKE. COME ON.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Is this cos of my username? :p

304041.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

more along the lines of Ichi, if Ichi managed to also build up to the emotional equivalent of kicking you in the stomach repeatedly while you're on the ground. But no, nothing of the other sort of disturbing.

Love Ichi for years now. Cheers for the link, think I'll wait 'til after brekkie though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

BMMachine wrote: »
    taken from Breda O'Briens article "Why Pokémon players dream of an electric saviour"

"My 12-year-old suggested at dinner that instead of talking about Jesus, today I should talk about Bird Jesus.
    As the laughter subsided
    "

WHAT A RIDICULOUS IDEA. BIRD JESUS. LIKE. COME ON.
    On tablet so not sure if this will work.
    78enWYB.jpg

Advertisement