Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Mmm.. ok

Lnqv1Z5h.jpg?2

• Registered Users Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

^^

Friend of mine was given this as a present recently

• Registered Users Posts: 34,901 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Cabaal wrote: »
    Yesterdays times of London....great newspaper layout :D

BmVrCWpIYAAR6eI.jpg_large.jpg

Both stories are about Ryan Giggs's fitness regime

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Saudi Arabia criticizes the human rights record of -- wait for it -- Norway:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/saudi-arabia-criticises-norway-over-human-rights-record-9301796.html
    It is a paradox that countries which do not support fundamental human rights have influence on the council, but that is the United Nations
    ...explained Norwegian Foreign Minister, Børge Brende.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

oh-god.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

305159.gif

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

10169421_811064962247850_8539701456351400789_n.jpg

305317.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

305330.jpg

wat

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

ninja900 wrote: »
    wat

Atheist is a synonym for 'baby eater'.

Ah yeh right you are Ted.

Potty training in the house at the moment, I'm not associating children with nice smells :eek:

"A young healthy child well nursed, is, at a year old, a most delicious nourishing and wholesome food, whether stewed, roasted, baked, or boiled; and I make no doubt that it will equally serve in a fricassee, or a ragout." - Jonathan Swift

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Potty training in the house at the moment, I'm not associating children with nice smells :eek:

Amazing how the mind just blanks out huge portions of your memory that you really don't want to keep. Getting flashbacks now. Yikes!

The other evening I was cooking dinner and not two metres away from me, my son was taking a massive dump in his potty in the corner of the kitchen. We had to act so pleased, and in a way we were, but we'd rather he'd have got it over with fifteen minutes earlier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Ah yeh right you are Ted.

"A young healthy child well nursed, is, at a year old, a most delicious nourishing and wholesome food, whether stewed, roasted, baked, or boiled; and I make no doubt that it will equally serve in a fricassee, or a ragout." - Jonathan Swift

I love that essay. We were given it to read in first year, with no preamble or context provided. Shítstorm ensued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

1157621_10152333318581075_6429647019910541200_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

smacl wrote: »
    Amazing how the mind just blanks out huge portions of your memory that you really don't want to keep. Getting flashbacks now. Yikes!

You remember being potty trained? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Doing that with twins right now meself. You would think it'd be rough but the wingman system is working wonders!

305443.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Turtwig wrote: »
    Atheist is a synonym for 'baby eater'.

Oooh! Light bulb moment - It's a PAN LID! Glad someone asked :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

10277504_555938881189730_1222264545278494589_n.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

robindch wrote: »
    Christians erect the ten commandments at Oklahoma's Statehouse, so satanists start collecting money for a "7-foot-tall [....] goat-headed Baphomet figure sitting cross-legged on a stone slab, flanked by two smiling children [...] also include quotes from poets Lord Byron and William Blake." Lawmakers in Oklahoma, however, have insisted that the Satanists should not be given the same treatment as Christians.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/06/satanic-temple-unveils-7-foot-goat-headed-baphomet-statue-for-oklahoma-capitol/
    They managed to collect $30,000 and hired a professional sculptor to do their Satanic statue. Gawker was there to see the unveiling of the plaster mold.

http://gawker.com/we-have-seen-the-oklahoma-capitol-satanic-monument-and-1570504715

Next up is casting it in bronze and getting it erected outside the Oklahoma statehouse.

305466.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

AstraMonti wrote: »
    10277504_555938881189730_1222264545278494589_n.jpg

But he got nailed good and hard when he was 33, penetrated by several men

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

They managed to collect $30,000 and hired a professional sculptor to do their Satanic statue. Gawker was there to see the unveiling of the plaster mold.

I think this comment sums up how fecked up it is that people get pissed off about this stuff
    And the fact there are more people offended by this than poverty is perverse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

But he got nailed good and hard when he was 33, penetrated by several men

I hope you are proud of yourself young man, going around indiscriminately punning like that.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

792048.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

http://gawker.com/we-have-seen-the-oklahoma-capitol-satanic-monument-and-1570504715

Next up is casting it in bronze and getting it erected outside the Oklahoma statehouse.

Speaking of "erected" - they should have tried to find some lads and lassies that followed the Roman pantheon.....

NSFW
    http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02507/Pan_with_a_she-goa_2507863b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

305563.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Wouldn't the fish caught right in the middle of the rift at the time of Mose's magic be ripped apart!:eek: Herman and his predators were incredible lucky!

Advertisement