Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Christian group puts up a new billboard......they clearly have no idea about WW2

BpI_erjCUAE_Xzk.jpg

It contains two quotes
    “Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.” (Proverbs 22:6).

and a Hitler 1935 Hitler Youth related quote
    He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future.”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

^^ IF that's not chopped then we are talking about megatons of stupidity and ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

^^

Where is that photo from? Who in their right minds* would put an attributed quote to Adolf Hitler on a billboard?

* Note to self, answer may be in question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

pauldla wrote: »
    ^^

Where is that photo from? Who in their right minds* would put an attributed quote to Adolf Hitler on a billboard?

* Note to self, answer may be in question

Nazis.

So, no one, really

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

309608.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I thought they hadn't copped who the quote was from and someone else went up and spray painter Adolfs name on it but apparently (and it still looks to stupid to be true) they did know (Life savers ministry) and put his name up there as well and were "surprised" at the reaction.

That said I think it was either a PS and its bull, or they wanted media attention and figured if we get people listening we can then tell them how good they are :o

CramCycle wrote: »
    I thought they hadn't copped who the quote was from and someone else went up and spray painter Adolfs name on it but apparently (and it still looks to stupid to be true) they did know (Life savers ministry) and put his name up there as well and were "surprised" at the reaction.

That said I think it was either a PS and its bull, or they wanted media attention and figured if we get people listening we can then tell them how good they are :o

Oh no, no, no, bad Life Savers Ministry, bad.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

He added that in hindsight, it would have been better to quote Herbert Hoover who said, ‘Children are our most valuable resource.’”
    Hindsight, some say its a wonderful thing, I personally think there are alot of situations in life where you should not have needed it.

Hindsight, some say its a wonderful thing, I personally think there are alot of situations in life where you should not have needed it.

Yeah, if given a choice between quoting a nice cuddly US president (and he must have been, he's named after a household appliance) or the lunatic son of a bitch it took XX million lives to defeat in the bloodiest conflict in human history, it's probably best to quote the vacuum cleaner guy. So life has taught me, anyhow; I cannot speak for others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

zfRA9Mc.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Something which applies to many things in life:

309631.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,902 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

He added that in hindsight, it would have been better to quote Herbert Hoover who said, ‘Children are our most valuable resource.’

Very valuable - you get the Irish government to pay for their upkeep, spend half of f--k-all on their welfare, flog the good looking babies to the Americans, put the rest to work as slave labour. Cha-ching! And for those who don't make it out alive, there's a very economical funeral plan...

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

ninja900 wrote: »
    Very valuable - you get the Irish government to pay for their upkeep, spend half of f--k-all on their welfare, flog the good looking babies to the Americans, put the rest to work as slave labour. Cha-ching! And for those who don't make it out alive, there's a very economical funeral plan...

Funeral plan - feck that.

Flog it as Organic compost!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

10372341_782018058499012_808184110202082815_n.jpg

309729.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators Posts: 51,792 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_n6ok9ldqz21r7gbhio1_500.jpg
    tumblr_n6ojb9oZoX1r7gbhio1_500.jpg
    tumblr_n6of96mTnV1raw1oio1_500.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Not hugely familiar with male genitalia myself tbh and I did think that had rather too many shafts hence my vague reference to 'rude'....:o

Last time I checked, my one eyed trouser snake didn't have two prongs wanging out the side of it. And I showered today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

folan wrote: »
    Nazis.

So, no one, really

There are large pockets of the deep South in America where you get plenty of people who think Adolf was right.

There are large pockets of the deep South in America where you get plenty of people who think Adolf was right.

That reminds me of this. John Fat ****ing Hagee, a proper c##t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

That reminds me of this. John Fat ****ing Hagee, a proper c##t

And I thought this was a funny thread. Funny ha ha that is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

Give me funnies please!

obplayer wrote: »
    And I thought this was a funny thread. Funny ha ha that is.

Here you go :D

xvqABao.jpg

309854.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

777_10152056776655476_1386305755_n.png

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

How to get through a border checkpoint quickly:

309868.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Bellatori

muz-moderate1.jpg

Seemed particularly appropriate in view of a discussion I have had elsewhere

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

In light of Kerry County Council seeing no problem with crosses in council meetings and also fact I posted it in the thread to do with it....

BlVm86aCMAAavun.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

Cabaal wrote: »
    In light of Kerry County Council seeing no problem with crosses in council meetings and also fact I posted it in the thread to do with it....

BlVm86aCMAAavun.jpg

Is it just me, or does it look like the cross is on fire?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Is it just me, or does it look like the cross is on fire?

And is Gladly a member of FF?

cross-eyed-bear1.jpg

Advertisement