Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

There could be one of those somewhere I suppose, I got distracted.
    Lets face it that god damn story book has more holes than the average string vest.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

So, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, who's going to Knock this year?

http://www.thejournal.ie/knock-novena-pilgrimage-2014-1617561-Aug2014/

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Vivisectus

Not me. I have season tickets for the holy stone of Clonrichert. Comparable miracles-per-euro-spent results with no queues.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

318410.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Vivisectus wrote: »
    Not me. I have season tickets for the holy stone of Clonrichert. Comparable miracles-per-euro-spent results with no queues.

Especially now that it's been upgraded to a class two relic!

Incidentally, there is actually a 'real' class system for relics:

http://www.catholicdoors.com/faq/qu86.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

IJmZ71x.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

IJmZ71x.jpg

Do you think he's a bit pissed with God for giving him such tiny genitalia?

318500.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Lucena wrote: »
    Especially now that it's been upgraded to a class two relic!

Incidentally, there is actually a 'real' class system for relics:

http://www.catholicdoors.com/faq/qu86.htm
    The 3rd Class Relic consists of something that has been touched to a 1st or 2nd Class Relic. Anyone can make their own 3rd Class relics by touching an object to a 1st or 2nd Class Relic

Oh the possibilities...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

This must be done only if the good that comes from buying the relic outweighs other uses the money spent could be used for.

So in their own words, never,

318538.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Brave Cardinal Brady Hands In Resignation 40 Years Too Late

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2014/08/15/brave-cardinal-brady-hands-in-resignation-40-years-too-late/
    MANY Catholics have praised Cardinal Brady, the Catholic Primate of All Ireland, following his decision to resign from his position a full 40 years too late. It is thought the Catholic Church has been weakened by the resignation of a Cardinal who had direct knowledge relating to the rape and abuse of children by paedophile Fr. Bredan Smyth, but choose not to alert the Gardaí or any state authority.

“How can the church retain any credibility if it lets one of its finest leaders retire. Surely a big party is the least they can do,” said religious affairs expert Hugh McLeod. Brady has been praised for handing in his resignation at the age of 75, as is dictated by Canon Law, giving Catholics an indication that the Vatican has really stepped their duties to the young and vulnerable victims of sexual assaults.

“I think it’s great and very brave of the Cardinal to admit he may have done right. That is clear in his decision to hand in a compulsory resignation at the age of 75, nearly a full 40 years after he did little to help victims, it’s a pity he couldn’t stay on longer,” shared Catholic Church fan Dermot O’Hanlon. “And fair play to the Pope for excepting it, if only there was some sort of Canon Law or even general law that stated it was wrong to protect paedophile priests, they could have perhaps acted quicker to help Brady resign,” added O’Hanlon.

Cardinal Brady had extolled the virtues of forgiveness and chastised the Irish public in recent years for their desire to unfairly judge, stating they lacked ‘mercy’. It is thought Brady was referring to the Irish public’s lack of mercy toward priests who had effectively shielded paedophile priests from discovery, but not of lacking mercy for the victims of sexual abuse. “I presumed he’ll getting some reward, a lovely plaque maybe,” shared lifelong Catholic Eamon Hickey, “you can’t let his services to silence go unrewarded. If the Pope has his act together, he might throw him an old bit of body of Christ. A lovely Chilean vintage or something”.

Many Catholics who have continued to defend the Church and Cardinal Brady have been asked to get ‘it was a different time’ tattooed across their faces as a tribute to the brave Brady, who has done so much for the sexual abuse victims in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Science+cute dog+religious joke = win.

1743602_905853756102303_1255952376592842574_n.jpg

smacl wrote: »
    Do you think he's a bit pissed with God for giving him such tiny genitalia?
    I thought they were pretty huge.

318617.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

NoahOrigin.jpg

318723.jpg

318839.gif

318844.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

JitgNCF.gif

319022.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Worztron wrote: »
    319022.jpg
    Wasn't the whole point of the fable obedience? They were told not to eat from the tree because skydaddy told them not to but they did anyway out of curiosity. They didn't know there'd be consequences to their action so they weren't equiped to tell right from wrong. They acted unknowingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

catbear wrote: »
    Wasn't the whole point of the fable obedience? They were told not to eat from the tree because skydaddy told them not to but they did anyway out of curiosity. They didn't know there'd be consequences to their action so they weren't equiped to tell right from wrong. They acted unknowingly.

Which is the point; they, and by extension us, were punished severely for doing something that they could not possibly have known was wrong. God punished them for something that was his own fault.

319097.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

10505133_1451633455115999_7662478612866810019_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

THEIR!!!! :eek:

The googles do nothing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

The 3rd Class Relic consists of something that has been touched to a 1st or 2nd Class Relic. Anyone can make their own 3rd Class relics by touching an object to a 1st or 2nd Class Relic

Oh the possibilities...

Please tell me Im not the only man who thought of making his penis a 3rd class relic? Despite the weirdness of rubbing it on holy objects being able to tell a woman she'll think its a first class relic when Im done with her is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

From 1992 but still sadly relevant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Please tell me Im not the only man who thought of making his penis a 3rd class relic? Despite the weirdness of rubbing it on holy objects being able to tell a woman she'll think its a first class relic when Im done with her is worth it.

I wouldn't be suprised if a priest somewhere has already thought up of and put into motion said plan.

Advertisement