Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

10655256_918122684868495_7430831557947704333_o.jpg

10682413_918126038201493_8995534044787762044_o.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

10631066_918118791535551_6628030985868521618_o.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Don't try to prove the unprovable. A lot of atheistic arguments seem to be about creation and evolution, involving theories which nobody can prove because people were not around at the time to witness these things.

If you were using this logic you wouldnt be trying to convert an atheist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

If you were using this logic you wouldnt be trying to convert an atheist.

The more you read it the more facepalms you need. For example my previous bit about the Galapagos finches "reverting to their kind" according to the article is followed further on by:
    Do not use obviously false evidence (e.g., irreducible complexity).

So basically the poster is following up "use the creationist argument" with "don't use the creationist argument, dummy". D'oh!

Or
    Ask if he doesn't believe because God made him mad.

Because saying somebody doesn't believe in something because they are angry at it is such a convincing argument. I could go on, and on, and on, and ariston! but I won't. I'll sign off with something that strong in the facepalm is:
    Facepalm.gif

• Moderators Posts: 51,792 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_n9t7fpNbXw1reec0do1_400.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

322506.gif

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Men Driving Car of Former Vatican Librarian Booked by French Police

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/16/cocaine-vatican-librarian-cardinal-car
    Guardian wrote:
    A car bearing Vatican diplomatic plates was stopped in France with 4kg of cocaine and 200g of cannabis on board.

The car belongs to the 91-year-old Argentinian cardinal Jorge Mejia, emeritus librarian at the Holy See, who retired in 2003 and who is bedridden after a heart attack. Pope Francis, a fellow Argentinian, visited Mejia in hospital in Rome two days after being elected.

French radio reported that the cardinal's private secretary entrusted the vehicle to two Italian men to take it for its annual checkup. The two men drove to Spain to buy the drugs, thinking they would be protected by the diplomatic plates, according to RTL radio – a scenario not yet confirmed by legal sources.

The pair were picked up on Sunday at a toll station near Chambéry, in the French Alps, on their way back. Neither of the men had a Vatican diplomatic passport, so the Vatican was not directly implicated, French legal sources said.

The Vatican confirmed that the car had been stopped in France with the drugs on board and stressed that no staff were involved in the incident.

robindch wrote: »
    Men Driving Car of Former Vatican Librarian Booked by French Police

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/16/cocaine-vatican-librarian-cardinal-car

It's often a case in drug smuggling that the people who are doing the actual driving aren't the beneficiaries of the smuggling. I wouldn't be suprised at all if someone in the Vatican is the one behind this criminal activity.

322583.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

322672.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

most-intelligent-beggar-1_zps7a838a7c.jpg

322759.gif

• Moderators Posts: 51,792 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_nc74g3wu271qb0u5go1_500.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

e929c38be0bb35cbf807674020439748.jpg

322880.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

M916IMH.jpg

322985.jpg

323078.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

Crazy creationist! I have checked and this does not seem to be a POE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,908 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

3:58 to watch a creationist claim? TL;DW

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

323177.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

obplayer wrote: »

I have no speakers on my work pc so I put the subtitles on. I'm going to bet that the nonsense the auto-subtitling came up with is no more ludicrous that what he actually said.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

10659236_1293812470706453_8443475423441932324_n.jpg?oh=4e384b127822fe157ebbdd3466b30bc1&oe=548D4314&__gda__=1417936766_b1390603effe6cca29139e9c510771d7

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

obplayer wrote: »

Wow, just wow... he is bat$hit crazy, I was expecting something weird but this is without doubt the maddest statement I have ever heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

Then you missed a marvellous treat.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSi9FPgx2oyXhf1VCZInWwsniKdxVhKhOyRdyejVgwS-aQcJgq0

Tl;dr is that before the "flood" the extra water which caused the flood was stored above the atmosphere (here he cites a 1987 article from Time magazine, don't know which edition or article), and this water above the atmosphere condensed the air meaning more oxygen was in it (:confused:). This allowed the dinosaurs to be able to breathe, he said the apatosaur only breathed about once an hour due to rich oxygen content, and freely gambol around the world.

Then the "flood" comes along and there is no layer of water condensing the air, thus the dinosaurs, in order to survive, have to breathe very rapidly, and "what happens to your nostrils when you rapidly breathe? They catch fire!"

So tl;dr tl;dr dinosaurs because of less oxygen start inhaling very rapidly, their noses catch fire, therefore they are dragons, therefore the bible is literally true and creationism is science!

Frankly this Monty Python sketch would be a better reason for believing in creationism, and it doesn't even touch on the matter!:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

God explains it's gettething better:

323285.jpg

The nutjobs have a point. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

OJY2HeS.png

Advertisement