Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

339208.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

la0Ul4K.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,919 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I like the final page
    339255.gif

Full tract here
    http://www.fredvanlente.com/downloads/WhyWeHere.pdf

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

Worztron wrote: »
    Ok, partially censored then.
    Or, if you like, moderated.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,343 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

a4ad20c866c2a6c14b28c52889175c90f2e95b41d8eb68b417cfe200d6b9e642.jpg

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

^^^ Nope, that's why islamic folks doing their prayers do a mini-mexican wave thing - so that their prayers will be directed in a wide arc which, at some point, will spray prayons directly towards Mecca.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭swampgas

robindch wrote: »
    ^^^ Nope, that's why islamic folks doing their prayers do a mini-mexican wave thing - so that their prayers will be directed in a wide arc which, at some point, will spray prayons directly towards Mecca.

Perhaps prayons are reflected by the Ionosphere?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,343 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I havnt got my head around Islamic physics yet but it seems might there might be some absurdities :D

http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Flat_Earth_and_the_Quran

Praying_towards_the_Ka%27aba.JPG

Top-left: Due to the sphericity of the earth, a prayer in any direction will point towards the sky/outer-space, not Mecca.

Top-right: People who are located on the opposite 'side' of the earth would have to pray vertically down towards the center of the earth, and would also blaspheme against Allah, because they defecate toward the direction of the Ka'aba when they answer the call of nature.

Bottom-left: If we use the traditional Muslim method of determining qiblah (i.e. a great circle) this would still be blasphemous because you would be simultaneously praying with your face and backside aimed towards the Ka'aba.

Bottom-right: For people located on the opposite 'side' of the earth any direction for all 360 degrees would be facing 'towards' Mecca and consequently, there would be no one direction that would be the correct one.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

swampgas wrote: »
    Perhaps prayons are reflected by the Ionosphere?
    The Ionasphere is more of a black hole than anything very reflective.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭swampgas

More likely the Ionasphere will engage them in irrelevancies.

Almost spelled it that way myself :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

According to Antipodr, the closest thing to the "Other side of the world" to Mecca appears to be this delightful little atoll.

Maybe this is Jannah, miles of sandy beaches full of bikini-clad virgins, year-round sunshine, a massive mid-ocean lake to live in your houseboat on...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

seamus wrote: »
    According to Antipodr, the closest thing to the "Other side of the world" to Mecca appears to be this delightful little atoll.

We've been through this people! I believe there was talk of how sewerage pipes shouldn't point down here. Though I think sewers might be an oddity in this part of the world.

339355.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Some good stuff on: https://www.facebook.com/Crumlinshopingcentre

Just a quick reminder for all customers today, Crumlin Shopping Centre is a secular shopping centre, and as such, anyone with ash on their foreheads, for ash Wednesday, will not be permitted entry to either Dunnes Stores or Tesco's. Staff members will be situated at both entrances to the centre with wet wipes to aide in the removal of the ashes before entry. Thank you.

Incidentally I didn't see a single smudge today (well, yesterday, YKWIM)

A few years back you'd be guaranteed to see one or two smudgers in work and a few out and about at lunchtime.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

Nolars wrote: »
    Some good stuff on: https://www.facebook.com/Crumlinshopingcentre

Just a quick reminder for all customers today, Crumlin Shopping Centre is a secular shopping centre, and as such, anyone with ash on their foreheads, for ash Wednesday, will not be permitted entry to either Dunnes Stores or Tesco's. Staff members will be situated at both entrances to the centre with wet wipes to aide in the removal of the ashes before entry. Thank you.

They could always go to the Ashleaf shopping centre instead.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Incidentally I didn't see a single smudge today (well, yesterday, YKWIM)

A few years back you'd be guaranteed to see one or two smudgers in work and a few out and about at lunchtime.

Same here, thought my mother in law had put one on my son but it turned out he just headbutted a table in creche, she had in fact forgot about ash wednesday, terrible for such a supposedly staunch roman catholic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

CramCycle wrote: »
    Same here, thought my mother in law had put one on my son but it turned out he just headbutted a table in creche, she had in fact forgot about ash wednesday, terrible for such a supposedly staunch roman catholic.

Oh dear, that's a difficult stage! Head height to tables and a limited capacity for paying attention to where the tables are :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭RikuoAmero

Famous atheist AronRa does an hour long discussion with a woman who founded the group Christians Against Dinosaurs. Be prepared for the worst prepared debate ever. The lady, Kristen Auclair, comes up completely unprepared, knows virtually nothing at all about the topic being discussed and just repeats debunked point after debunked point. At the end, she literally RAGE QUITS, just storms out of the room with no explanation. (AronRa claims in the comments that she replied back saying something about her phone dying...how does your mobile phone's battery somehow prevent you from continuing a discussion?)
    On the other hand, AronRa came very well prepared. He mentions having watched several of her videos, shows off some of his fossil collections and neatly debunks many of her claims.

Here's her groups Facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/ChristiansAgainstDinosaurs
    THE face of Satanic Atheists tries to use Demonic influence over our Kristen but she overcomes!!! Paid Shills of The MIC are doing everything they can to try and hurt us but we are protected by the Armor of God!
    Yeah...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

RikuoAmero wrote: »
    Famous atheist AronRa does an hour long discussion with a woman who founded the group Christians Against Dinosaurs.

This could easily fit in the interesting things thread as well, ignoring her he has a nice pleasant way of getting points and mini stories accross, I found some of the facts i did not know very interesting in terms of timelines and different lineages of what are commonly but incorrectly referred to as Dinosaurs.

Even better was it was a pleasant listen while I scored thousands of genotypes, which is not interesting, even is the overall process is.

• Advertisement

339468.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

^^ Scorn not it's simplicity. Respect the elegance :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭RikuoAmero

This could easily fit in the interesting things thread as well, ignoring her he has a nice pleasant way of getting points and mini stories accross, I found some of the facts i did not know very interesting in terms of timelines and different lineages of what are commonly but incorrectly referred to as Dinosaurs.

Even better was it was a pleasant listen while I scored thousands of genotypes, which is not interesting, even is the overall process is.

I liked it as well. I was listening to it while playing Diablo 3, although I missed a portion to my insane maniacal laughter over coming across a literal ARMY of treasure goblins in a rift, where I proceeded to rip them apart and loot the goodies like they were sweets from a pinata.

339516.jpg

Ever wondered which sexual positions will drop you into fiery oblivion, even if you're married in the eyes of your local deity? Well, wonder no more as this splendid pastor from the UK tells it like it is.

Take it away!

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/sex-tips-from-an-end-time-pastor-demons-will-torture-married-couples-who-practice-woman-on-top/

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Maybe not actually funny haha... but made me smile. Talking snakes and sky fairies are fine, but watch out for that yoga and head massages... that be the divil's works :D

http://www.derryjournal.com/news/derry-priest-warns-of-risk-involved-in-yoga-1-6592555

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

10996995_1056977327680400_8529981545736222886_n.jpg?oh=38bdba293d71bebdc03ab31db1ee25e9&oe=55927AAF&__gda__=1435888895_8a09acae13e5964adee270192af92be1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

This could easily fit in the interesting things thread as well, ignoring her he has a nice pleasant way of getting points and mini stories accross, I found some of the facts i did not know very interesting in terms of timelines and different lineages of what are commonly but incorrec
    tly referred to as Dinosaurs.

Came to laugh at crazy people.

Left having learned more about dinosaurs & birds.

• Advertisement

339595.jpg

Advertisement