Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Internet Marketers

Options
  • 16-10-2013 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hey all,

Looking to get some networking going between us Irish internet marketers to discuss tactics and talk about doing some meetups..

Post here or PM me if you are interested in this.

Fergal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

fergal_d wrote: »
    Hey all,

Looking to get some networking going between us Irish internet marketers to discuss tactics and talk about doing some meetups..

Fergal

There are a few networking events out there:

Damien Mulley hosts a regular-ish event in the Odessa. This month it's with measurement.ie http://rubyslippers.eventbrite.ie/ €5 as of writing.

121 Marketing have an event too, I've been to it before and it was a great event if a bit quiet. Tickets are free: https://www.facebook.com/121marketing

I've been involved in Online Marketing in Galway and if you're in the West of Ireland it is a fantastic event to go to. Great speakers and networking opportunities to be had there, if only there was a version of it in Dublin! I'm all for a new internet marketing networking event though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭link8r

There's a G+ group https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/105277221298437142729 and we're trying to get Inbound Dublin up off the ground in Dublin. Tweetups normally attract online marketers too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭deisedude

I'd be interested.

Been to OMiG before and it's a decent event, quality of speakers can be quite mixed. Left a sour taste when I got a mail from one of the organisers using the OMiG database promoting their company though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I'd be interested. Back in uni for the year, but always on the look out for some part time stuff if possible...
    Kind of dropped the ball on what's "current" due to college commitments...

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭bacon?

I'd be interested if you guys can make it out to Thailand :D

• Advertisement

bacon? wrote: »
    I'd be interested if you guys can make it out to Thailand :D

Richard? :)

Hey Everyone - another free event (there may even be free beer if you're early)

[Inbound Dublin] - Free event with presentations from leading Inbound Marketing practitioners, drinks and networking opportunities.
    We're excited to have Michael King, Director of Inbound Marketing at iAcquire present an overview of the work his team does at iAcquire, a leading inbound marketing agency in America.

6.30 - 7.00pm - Networking and drinks
    7.00 - 7.30pm - Presentation from Michael King
    7.30 - Late - Drinks and networking with attendees

• Registered Users Posts: 6 GalwayMrktng

fergal_d wrote: »
    Hey all,

Fergal

Hi,

Just after noticing this post now after it was pointed out to me.

It is great to see so many great quality Online Marketing events propping up around the country.

I see Online Marketing in Galway was already mentioned, I volunteer with about 10 others to help organize OMiG events, activities and run the website.

We are doing are best to bring low cost (mainly free) events, workshops to the West. We are also working on a lot of updates to the website, which hopefully you will all see in the new year.

If you check out www.galwaymarketing.ie/events we always keep this updated with our latest up and coming events.

This month we are delighted to welcome along Lisa Toner of Hubspot for a very special Seminar, - Inbound Actually - A Marketing Love Story with Hubspot. To book a FREE seat at this seminar visit the following link.I just noticed a post there from deisedude, we do apologies for the mail out. The events are all free however there are costs involved to we do work with companies to help us out from time to time, this might be from using their resources or in some cases on a month to month basis we have a different sponsor pay for the teas and the coffees.

We are experimenting with different ways to offer these companies some value in return from helping us out and there was one or two mailings from sponsors sent to OMiG attendees/mail list subscribers who checked the option on sign up 'Can your information be used in relation to the events speakers and guest sponsors e.g. prizes, newsletters etc?'.

We are learning all the time, our aim is to offer high quality speakers, events, workshops and a great online community too. There are a lot of people who work long hours volunteering for OMiG just out of pure motivation and enthusiasm.

I can assure you that there won't be any mailings like that in the future, any correspondents or special offers from OMiG will be done through the OMiG newsletter that will be starting officially in December 2013.

In order to attract great guest speakers we need to offer them something in return and we are always looking at new ways to do this. If anything does go out in the future, we will be adding a very obvious and clear question to the sign up form about receiving communication from these third party companies who help us.

On a final note, after clearing that up I just wanted to mention another great meet up type event for Online Marketing. This one is a bit different and I think the idea is great, the name is the CongRegation. It's a social media gathering that is taking place on 30th November in Cong, Co. Mayo.

100 SPEAKERS, 7 VENUES, 4 SESSIONS - check out full information here.

I will add to this again if I hear of any local events.

Keep an eye on www.GalwayMarketing.ie for all future events and news. There is lots planned for 2014.

Many Thanks,

Maricka of OMiG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Class - two of your links are 404 and one is to the admin login of a wordpress site - very impressive.

Hi,

Just after noticing this post now after it was pointed out to me.

It is great to see so many great quality Online Marketing events propping up around the country.

I see Online Marketing in Galway was already mentioned, I volunteer with about 10 others to help organize OMiG events, activities and run the website.

We are doing are best to bring low cost (mainly free) events, workshops to the West. We are also working on a lot of updates to the website, which hopefully you will all see in the new year.

If you check out www.galwaymarketing.ie/events we always keep this updated with our latest up and coming events.

This month we are delighted to welcome along Lisa Toner of Hubspot for a very special Seminar, - Inbound Actually - A Marketing Love Story with Hubspot. To book a FREE seat at this seminar visit the following link.I just noticed a post there from deisedude, we do apologies for the mail out. The events are all free however there are costs involved to we do work with companies to help us out from time to time, this might be from using their resources or in some cases on a month to month basis we have a different sponsor pay for the teas and the coffees.

We are experimenting with different ways to offer these companies some value in return from helping us out and there was one or two mailings from sponsors sent to OMiG attendees/mail list subscribers who checked the option on sign up 'Can your information be used in relation to the events speakers and guest sponsors e.g. prizes, newsletters etc?'.

We are learning all the time, our aim is to offer high quality speakers, events, workshops and a great online community too. There are a lot of people who work long hours volunteering for OMiG just out of pure motivation and enthusiasm.

I can assure you that there won't be any mailings like that in the future, any correspondents or special offers from OMiG will be done through the OMiG newsletter that will be starting officially in December 2013.

In order to attract great guest speakers we need to offer them something in return and we are always looking at new ways to do this. If anything does go out in the future, we will be adding a very obvious and clear question to the sign up form about receiving coomunication from these third party companies who help us.

On a final note, after clearing that up I just wanted to mention another great meet up type event for Online Marketing. This one is a bit different and I think the idea is great, the name is the CongRegation. It's a social media gathering that is taking place on 30th November in Cong, Co. Mayo.

100 SPEAKERS, 7 VENUES, 4 SESSIONS - check out full information here.

I will add to this again if I hear of any local events.

Keep an eye on www.GalwayMarketing.ie for all future events and news. There is lots planned for 2014.

Many Thanks,

Maricka of OMiG

Class - two of your links are 404 and one is to the admin login of a wordpress site - very impressive.

• Advertisement

Thank you blue4ever, the original is edited. A complete mistake with the wordpress link and obviously no http before the the addresses. It should now be fixed. Not here to argue with people. Thank you for kindly re-posting it is a great service to have. I completely understand why you felt you needed to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

blue4ever wrote: »

People with the text "Home" as their entire homepage title, and who purport to advise others on SEO matters, shouldn't throw stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

Trojan wrote: »
    People with the text "Home" as their entire homepage title, and who purport to advise others on SEO matters, shouldn't throw stones.

lol!

Trojan wrote: »

Just noticed that now. SEO services, interesting. Back to my normal day now, thanks Trojan for restoring my faith in getting involved in Boards again. We all make mistakes, just funny how people feel the need to act upon things like that. I seriously do not understand their motivations. I could rant on about the SEO efforts on that site but we are in the process of changing a lot ourselves at OMiG so ours is no where near perfect - we do rank for a chosen terms though :). A lot of automated settings at the moment for SEO but full revamp on the way.

Happy Friday all. confused how this has all start in to a big defence piece. Might stat away for another while.

To keep it about the original post, check out www.GalwayMarketing.ie.

Fair enough - and slap in the had for b4e - in more that one way. The 'home' is a complete oversight when changing the site two weeks back.
    Its not completely a malice ridden Friday as i did accede to you request contained in your PM - no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭deisedude

.I just noticed a post there from deisedude, we do apologies for the mail out. The events are all free however there are costs involved to we do work with companies to help us out from time to time, this might be from using their resources or in some cases on a month to month basis we have a different sponsor pay for the teas and the coffees.

In order to attract great guest speakers we need to offer them something in return and we are always looking at new ways to do this. If anything does go out in the future, we will be adding a very obvious and clear question to the sign up form about receiving communication from these third party companies who help us.

No problem, I know there is a bit of trial and error to keep everyone happy. I look forward to the Hubspot event and might see you in Cong too!

Advertisement