Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2014 National Fixtures

• 16-10-2013 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭

When will the national league fixtures be published?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Dublin v Kildare on Friday 7th March in Croker Nice one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Dublin v Kerry should be interesting to start things off.

2 Friday night games.

Armagh v Down & Dublin v Kildare

Will be interesting to see how attendances work out for these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Dublin at home again to Mayo and Cork for 2nd year in a row.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Football are out, hurling will be out after the decision on the format of the competitiom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 DUB77

How do the GAA decide the fixtures. I alway assumed that if you played someone at home one year, that the following year you would be away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

So, the football fixtures are out, the season tickets go on sale next Monday and meanwhile all hurling followers are left waiting. What utter nonsense. The GAA ought to be ashamed of their carry on. A new format was proposed via an email from an unknown source. Croke Park were happy to put this email to a vote and only scrapped it at the last minute due to threatened legal action by Wexford. Then they agreed to put another new proposal, initiated by a Monaghan man, to the Counties. Well those counties should tell Croke Park to get stuffed and do the decent thing I.e. stick with the old format for 2014. Cork must be made do their time in 1B. Stop the nonsense. Get on with the fixtures promptly and start selling season tickets only when ALL fixtures are declared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

DUB77 wrote: »
    How do the GAA decide the fixtures. I alway assumed that if you played someone at home one year, that the following year you would be away.

Yes and No.

The schedules runs on two year cycles. 2012/13 was one two year cycle. A new one will kick off in 2014 and will carry over into 2015. Some counties will play four home/three away games in year one of the cycle. They will then play three home/four away in the second year of the cycle. Other counties will do the opposite to that. Over the course of the two year cycle, every county will play the same number of home and away games.

What home and away games you played in previous years cycles is not taken into account. It can't be, as due to counties being relegated and promoted between the divisions, the same counties do all play each other year in and year out. So the home and away games that counties played in 2013 will not be taken into account next year, as we will be into a new two year cycle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Badabing wrote: »
    Dublin at home again to Mayo and Cork for 2nd year in a row.

I was dreading going to cork and castlebar this year. How thoughtful of the GAA to have Dublin in croke park for those two games. Thanks lads

Grats wrote: »
    So, the football fixtures are out, the season tickets go on sale next Monday and meanwhile all hurling followers are left waiting. What utter nonsense. The GAA ought to be ashamed of their carry on. A new format was proposed via an email from an unknown source. Croke Park were happy to put this email to a vote and only scrapped it at the last minute due to threatened legal action by Wexford. Then they agreed to put another new proposal, initiated by a Monaghan man, to the Counties. Well those counties should tell Croke Park to get stuffed and do the decent thing I.e. stick with the old format for 2014. Cork must be made do their time in 1B. Stop the nonsense. Get on with the fixtures promptly and start selling season tickets only when ALL fixtures are declared.

Totally agree, the nonsense of going back on what was previously agreed and changing the format a few months before the start of the league is just plain ridiculous. It's making a total joke out of the league

• Advertisement

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Yes and No.

The schedules runs on two year cycles. 2012/13 was one two year cycle. A new one will kick off in 2014 and will carry over into 2015. Some counties will play four home/three away games in year one of the cycle. They will then play three home/four away in the second year of the cycle. Other counties will do the opposite to that. Over the course of the two year cycle, every county will play the same number of home and away games.

What home and away games you played in previous years cycles is not taken into account. It can't be, as due to counties being relegated and promoted between the divisions, the same counties do all play each other year in and year out. So the home and away games that counties played in 2013 will not be taken into account next year, as we will be into a new two year cycle.

Thanks, I didn't know about the 2 year cycle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I was dreading going to cork and castlebar this year. How thoughtful of the GAA to have Dublin in croke park for those two games. Thanks lads

Ah Castlebar is'nt that bad Wacker;) I am going to head up to Croker for another beating?!:)

seligehgit wrote: »
    Ah Castlebar is'nt that bad Wacker;) I am going to head up to Croker for another beating?!:)

It's not castlebar. Its the drive up there that's the killer

Badabing wrote: »
    Dublin v Kildare on Friday 7th March in Croker Nice one

I love Friday games. You can relax and enjoy the post match refreshments

Advertisement