Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donore Harriers Jingle Bells 5K 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Might make my roadracing comeback at this. Won't be pretty if I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MissyMooki

What's this???? There's gonna be CAKE???:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Donore Harriers

MissyMooki wrote: »
    What's this???? There's gonna be CAKE???:pac::pac::pac:

If Racoon Queen says there will be cake I'll take her word for it!

One week left to avail of receiving your number in the post. Enter by Thursday November 28th to avoid having to collect your number on either Friday December 6th or on the Morning of the race. Online entries will be available until Thursday December 5th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

if there's defo a bag drop I might give this a go, seems to be well received.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

statss wrote: »

You can leave a bag in the clubhouse anyway, its not far from start/finish line.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

You should, it's a good race and a nice coffee and cake in the clubhouse afterwards where they have the prizegiving. RQ! any chance of a "Best Hair" category? ;)

digger2d2 wrote: »
    You should, it's a good race and a nice coffee and cake in the clubhouse afterwards where they have the prizegiving. RQ! any chance of a "Best Hair" category? ;)

I'll tell my guy to get the scissors ready for the 6th so :pac:

There will be a van available for light gear at the start which will be at the finish before you get there! However it is your own responsibility to collect your belongings and we encourage that you don't include any valuables.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 tattycoram

I'm in!

I'm glad everyone wants choc biscuit cake, it's a lot easier to make and keeps better than other cakes. No mince pies and xmas cupcakes then. Hurrah for me. :D

• Advertisement

There will be a van available for light gear at the start which will be at the finish before you get there! However it is your own responsibility to collect your belongings and we encourage that you don't include any valuables.

Thats great, just needed somewhere to throw a jumper/extra t shirt for after as I'd be running to & from the park home. Sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Thats great, just needed somewhere to throw a jumper/extra t shirt for after as I'd be running to & from the park home. Sorted.

Quitting on the after drinks again? Typical! :pac:

blockic wrote: »

Im grand to drink and run don't worry :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Have heard this is a pretty fast course. I don't know the phoenix park very well. I see a lot of it is on the upper glen road, am I wondering how that road got its name?! Does it involve a lot of going up?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Only when you're going up.
    In this race you're going down it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

thank fu@k

blockic wrote: »

My house is nearby if you need a lie down after the race Blocky....

My house is nearby if you need a lie down after the race Blocky....

Old man is on fire tonight! :D I'll give ya that!

If you intend entering this years Jingle bells and would like to receive your race number in the post, you will need to register by this Thursday 28th. Online entries will remain open until Dec 5th but anyone registered after Nov 28th will need to collect their number on either Friday Dec 6th or on the morning of the race at our clubhouse. If you have entered already, thank you for your support and your number should be with you early next week. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Just signed up. Thanks for the reminder.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Our club xc race has been moved from 7th to 15th, so might do this now. Not sure if i break 20mins as havent done much in last few weeks, 20:12 best time but that was a tough course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Signed up last week. I've yet to run a 5k that I'm happy with - in terms of my own performance/time - but I like the look of the course for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Got my number today in the post ...... deadly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 fruit salad

Me too..really looking forward to it now : )

registered tuesday, number arrived today. solid work there Donore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

^^^

Same for me, love well organised club races!! My only concern is that my envelope had sub 17:45 written on it, piling on the pressure much?! ;) Not sure where they got that from cause I don't remember filling in a time on the sign up form?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Got mine too. Number 239 if anyone wants to say hello on the day. :)

pconn062 wrote: »
    ^^^

Same for me, love well organised club races!!

Was about to say the same thing.

What's the prize money for this? ;) :pac:

• Advertisement

pconn062 wrote: »
    ^^^

Same for me, love well organised club races!! My only concern is that my envelope had sub 17:45 written on it, piling on the pressure much?! ;) Not sure where they got that from cause I don't remember filling in a time on the sign up form?

If you don't break it now, no cake.

Advertisement