Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donore Harriers Jingle Bells 5K 2013

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Full results on the website now guys.

Sorry couldn't make it down with cake, unavoidable work stuff cropped up.

Well done all, great results in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Full results on the website now guys.

Sorry couldn't make it down with cake, unavoidable work stuff cropped up.

Well done all, great results in there.

They going to put up chip times at all anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Were photos taken does anyone know?

If so, where/when might I find them?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

times do all seem to be a little off...

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ChampionChip

Chip times now posted. Sorry for the delay but had an urgent personal matter to attend to straight after race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Great race by Donore, absolutely brilliant course. Will be back next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Ah yes, those chip times are more like it.

Sickened to have to sit this one out today. Being a spectator is no fun, but the Mrs and my mate were delighted with their results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Really enjoyed that. Must say, nice touch bringing the bags to the finish line so people didn't get cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Donore Harriers

A thank you to all our members and friends of Donore who helped out today and over the last few weeks. Thank you to Championchip Ireland, Blanchardstown Brass Band, the OPW and Park Rangers, An Garda Síochána, Last Lap cafe, Caffrey's and the Chocolate Warehouse, the BHAA, Dublin Marathon, the Garda Boat Club, Amphibian King Ashtown and to Debra Ireland. A special big thank you from Donore Harriers to all who took part today and thank you also on behalf of Debra. Congratulations to race winners Mark Christie of Mullingar Harriers and Michelle McGee of Brothers Pearse.

Some upcoming events to consider, among others; Clonliffe's Christmas Cracker 5k, Liffey Valley's Tom Brennan 5K on New Years day and Raheny's 5 mile in late January. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Out of curiosity, what's the difference between MS and MO in the race categories? I'm assuming the MO's aren't from Missouri :pac:

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Donore Harriers

28064212 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, what's the difference between MS and MO in the race categories? I'm assuming the MO's aren't from Missouri :pac:

Good question. I honestly don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Good question. I honestly don't know.
    +thanks for honesty :) Since I've been assigned an MO, I'm going to assume it's Modus Operandi, and I now have a secret mission to fulfil :pac:

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PVincent

The little pocket rocket Michelle McGee just keeps improving and delivering. Just over 2 years running , Bros Pearse are incredibly proud of her today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

What does MO & FO stand for? I'm new

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    What does MO & FO stand for? I'm new

They're are the different categories, male open, female open.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

PVincent wrote: »
    The little pocket rocket Michelle McGee just keeps improving and delivering. Just over 2 years running , Bros Pearse are incredibly proud of her today.

Pocket rocket? How about a bit more respect?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

murphd77 wrote: »
    Pocket rocket? How about a bit more respect?

I think he means small and fast.

Final results updated on the website, will have photos and full report up today.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ChampionChip

MO and MS are the same thing meaning male Under 35, same with FS and FO. I had changed all the FO to FS and MO to MS before the late entries were put in on race day but some odd ones have then gotten through.

Great race, superb organisation which made my job so much easier to do and a lovely friendly atmosphere, always a treat to come down and be involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PVincent

Re Pocket Rocket. Small and fast is of course what I mean. Michelle is from my club so we are in awe of her achievements and improvements this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Thanks to Donore Harriers and all the friendly volunteers yesterday for a great race. Loved the course, the mug, the spread after and especially my finishing time :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Hats off to Donore on a really wonderful race on Saturday. It was a family day out for Mr Stew, junior and I, lots of friends got dressed up and ran it for fun and also over 30 from our club competed and we ALL had a great day. It was my first time doing this and it lived up to its great reputation, definitely one we will do again.

Congrats to all who ran and a special thanks to all the wonderful volunteers and marshalls for a really great day:)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sharkey47

Just want to echo the sentiments of other posters. This was a most enjoyable event. Great weather, an easy 5k course , good organisation and such friendly marshalls and stewards. Lovely to see so many families participating ( including my own). Also nice to meet some friendly Raheny Shamrocks and Crusader runners after!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

MissyMooki wrote: »
    Thanks RayCun and Ososlo, some great advice there. Obviously I am terrified about coming last, at the minute I'm doing 4K in 32 minutes (Very slow). But I have to pace myself or I burn out.:(
    I reckon its better to run it all as slow as a god's horse rather than fly for the first Km and then have to walk the rest! I'm doing it with my bestie who started running with me so we both in the same boat. At least it'll be joint last lol :p

Congrats on starting the running! Don't worry about being last - that happened to me in a race once but I was so proud to have finished it didn't matter in the end!

Anyway, just came across this thread, I think I'm going to sign up for this race. Looks like fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Congrats on starting the running! Don't worry about being last - that happened to me in a race once but I was so proud to have finished it didn't matter in the end!

Anyway, just came across this thread, I think I'm going to sign up for this race. Looks like fun!
    This is last year's thread :)
    There is one for this year but I can't link on phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Ososlo wrote: »
    This is last year's thread :)
    There is one for this year but I can't link on phone.

Duh. :facepalm: I'm such a dunce!

Duh. :facepalm: I'm such a dunce!

Here you go!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057315150

Advertisement