Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of moving to emobile

Options
  • 16-10-2013 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

Hi

Looking to move to emobile on a 30 day sim package for €32 a month. It says its an online deal which is fine. I have a couple of questions before I sign up online with all my details etc, how long will it take to receive my new sim? and when do emobile port me over to their network? Will I receive the sim first and contact emobile to activate and port my number over?
    In general what's the procedure?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 treadsoftly

1jcdub wrote: »
    Hi

Looking to move to emobile on a 30 day sim package for €32 a month. It says its an online deal which is fine. I have a couple of questions before I sign up online with all my details etc, how long will it take to receive my new sim? and when do emobile port me over to their network? Will I receive the sim first and contact emobile to activate and port my number over?
    I moved to emobile today. Had problems setting up voicemail eventually rang business line as on hold too long. Then I went to set up FB on the phone and its hosted by 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Not sure whether to accept that or if I have to set up a google account or whatever to get Internet access.  More info on Vodafone website for all my queries than anywhere else.  Anyone else had the 3 hosting issue with the Samsung 4 Mini? 

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Hi

Hi 1jcdub,

Thanks for taking an interest in joining our network. The above plan you refer to this is now available in all of our stores. In order to place an order with eMobile you will need either a passport or drivers licence, a recent utility bill (dated in last 3 months) and your bank account details.

If you order online it takes 3 working days to process your order once all your documents are received.

Yes if you order online you will receive your SIM card and you will then need to call our customer care team on 1800690000 and an agent in our customer care team will process the port for you. It takes 24 hours for the port to be processed.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Thanks for the reply Grainne. I'll do it in store it well be less hassle
    Hi 1jcdub,

Thanks for taking an interest in joining our network. The above plan you refer to this is now available in all of our stores. In order to place an order with eMobile you will need either a passport or drivers licence, a recent utility bill (dated in last 3 months) and your bank account details.

If you order online it takes 3 working days to process your order once all your documents are received.

Yes if you order online you will receive your SIM card and you will then need to call our customer care team on 1800690000 and an agent in our customer care team will process the port for you. It takes 24 hours for the port to be processed.

Grainne

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Thanks for the reply Grainne. I'll do it in store it well be less hassle
    Hi 1jcdub,

Grainne
    No problem 1jcdub,
    Let me know if I can assist you further.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Hi, I would like to sign up to that plan too, but I have an iphone 5s, but I'm not getting an option for an nano sim, will they have them in store?

• Advertisement
Advertisement