Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router not giving full strength <20 yards away

Options
  • 16-10-2013 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

at my home hse we have 1 mb broaband 90.8 on speedtests), however it is painfully slow to try and watch a youtube clip or skygo etc. when you are less than 20 yards the connection barometer drops, which to me seems dodgy. is there any way to test to see if the router is faulty, i know it is quite a few years old now.

And is it just me or should we be able to easily watch a youtube clip with our package,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

liam12989 wrote: »
    at my home hse we have 1 mb broaband 90.8 on speedtests), however it is painfully slow to try and watch a youtube clip or skygo etc. when you are less than 20 yards the connection barometer drops, which to me seems dodgy. is there any way to test to see if the router is faulty, i know it is quite a few years old now.

And is it just me or should we be able to easily watch a youtube clip with our package,
    Hi liam12989

What modem are you using at the moment?

We have set up some tips on how to increase the wifi signal and range that may help - http://bit.ly/PlpCli

if you want to also PM me with your tel no: I can run some checks on the broadband connection.

Mark

Advertisement