Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you help!

Options
  • 16-10-2013 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering how to track buyers onto a company website?

To promote the website product we are getting relevant sites, blogs, social media (sbs) to promote to their users/followers and if these users buy from our site, for the (sbs) to be able to track who buys from our website and that we can track also to arrange commission!

Is this possible and how best should i do this ?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, & thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

One of the simplest ways is to give each of your referrers (affiliates) a unique url. This can be as simple as appending a querystring to your exsiting URL.

E.g. if I am promoting a link to your BlueWidgets on your webpage:

www.shankespony.com/bluewidgets.html

you might ask me to use this link:

www.shankespony.com/bluewidgets.html?referrer=Graham

It would still load the same page but your web logs would show I was the referrer. Your stats package could then be used with your e-commerce solution to assign that referrer to the sale.

Talk to your webmaster/site designer or e-commerce platform provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

look for affiliate marketing software/plugins or as the op says a referrer link

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shankespony

Thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated.

Advertisement