Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASUS P6X58D Premium Not Recognizing Memory

Options
  • 16-10-2013 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi

Recently replaced the motherboard on my desktop with a ASUS P6X58D Premium.
    My system setup is as follows:

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x 64
    Intel core i7 930

Motherboard works fine except it will not recognize more then 4GB memory.
    I installed 2 x 4GB(matched pair) of Integral DDR3 / PC3 / 10600 / 1333MHz / 9-9-9-24 / 1.5v in Dimm's A1 + B1 as instucted by the user manual.
    BIOS only shows 4GB.
    Window 7 resource manager only shows 4GB.
    However both CPUiD-Z and RaMMon show 8GB (which leads me to believe there is nothing physically wrong with motherboard).
    I have the BIOS setup to default.
    Do I need to change one of the BIOS settings for in to see 8GB?

I have re-sit the memory plus switched them around but problem still persists.

I know this particular motherboard is supports triple channel memory.

Any help solving this problem greatly appreciated as this is driving me nuts !:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

lotsofloot wrote: »
    Hi

Recently replaced the motherboard on my desktop with a ASUS P6X58D Premium.
    My system setup is as follows:

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x 64
    Intel core i7 930

Motherboard works fine except it will not recognize more then 4GB memory.
    I installed 2 x 4GB(matched pair) of Integral DDR3 / PC3 / 10600 / 1333MHz / 9-9-9-24 / 1.5v in Dimm's A1 + B1 as instucted by the user manual.
    BIOS only shows 4GB.
    Window 7 resource manager only shows 4GB.
    However both CPUiD-Z and RaMMon show 8GB (which leads me to believe there is nothing physically wrong with motherboard).
    I have the BIOS setup to default.
    Do I need to change one of the BIOS settings for in to see 8GB?

I have re-sit the memory plus switched them around but problem still persists.

I know this particular motherboard is supports triple channel memory.

Any help solving this problem greatly appreciated as this is driving me nuts !:mad:
    You should check for damaged pins on the motherboard as this can usually cause this. If thats the case you might get lucky putting the ram in other slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 lotsofloot

Hi

Thanks for your reply.
    Problem solved.
    Cleaned memory contacts.

Advertisement