Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Videos from PC to iPad

• 16-10-2013 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Is there a way of transferring video from PC to iPad. Have a transatlantic flight next week and would like to stack up on some goodness rather than depend on the in flight entertainment.

Someone suggested moliplayer which is grand for streaming from PC but cannot see an option to save.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Try using Handbrake to convert to iPad format, then copy into iTunes and sync from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Will give it a go. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

AV player HD is the app I use. Great player. It plays all file types. I load up my iPad at the start of the week and watch my downloaded shows at lunch times. You just load the files onto the app through itunes. No need to convert or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

I've used AvplayerHD before. Costs a couple of euro (I think) but will play more or less anything you through at it. Can transfer movies to it pretty easily as well and don't need to convert formats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭iniall

VLC for iOS is free on the App Store. You can use it to watch any format of video on your iPad or iPhone without converting them first. Just sync iPad, then drag and drop the video into VLC on iTunes. Done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

iniall wrote: »
    VLC for iOS is free on the App Store. You can use it to watch any format of video on your iPad or iPhone without converting them first. Just sync iPad, then drag and drop the video into VLC on iTunes. Done.

Didn't realise VLC was back available. They released it a few years ago but Apple removed it from the App Store. I used it back then but after it was removed, it wasn't developed and I found the alternatives better and able to play HD smoother. Will definitely check out the new version!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

OPlayer is very good to lets you watch DIVX also.

Advertisement