Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Points (Is Irish Counted?)

• 16-10-2013 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hello All,

I was wondering I am doing 7 subjects for leaving cert, higher level in all of them besides Irish where I am doing Ordinary level.

Hypothetically if I were to get an A1 in all my subjects will I get 625 points because my best six subjects are picked or will they include English, Irish and Maths and only get 585 points because I'm in pass?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You include whatever your highest subjects are. If Irish isn't one of them, leave it out.
    You may need a pass in Irish for entry to some courses, but you don't need to count it for your points.

Hypothetically with your 6 A1s you'd have your 625.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

What spurious said.

Your highest six will be counted, regardless of what subject or level it is. That's not saying you won't need a certain requirement in the other subject for some courses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Annnnd answered.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement