Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Versus Vodafone

• 16-10-2013 4:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am a little concerned about signing up with Eircom. A guy called to the door offering fibre broadband from eircom. Unlimited download. I have 40GB with vodafone.

Having read some threads here I am concerned that I have made a mistake. Eircom promise fibre optic b/band by January.

I am still within the 10 day cooling off period. I am sorry my querys are not more specific but am not very techinical and don't understand a lot of the jargon already posted. I suppose I am worried that I will have slow access to the internet

Any advice appreciated thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Vodafone should have offered you "unlimited" (250gb) at this stage for the same price as the 40gb no? They rang and offered me that for free about 2/3 months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭cosbawn

No they never offered and I am with them a long time ( well out of contract ) and I have my phone with vodafone too :mad: Maybe I should give them a call. I have 2 days left to decide, just worried that I have been duped !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ya, call them.

I have broadband only for €32 a month. Still have the landline too, but only pay for calls made. No free allowance on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

I would switch to Eircom

Broadband speeds are amazing

And they leave you alone. I was fed up phoning Vodafone about my broadband wifi connection dropping and having to open ports on within my router settings every second day.

If it wasnt switching wifi channels it was opening and closing ports. Not very reliable and their tech support are anything but that.

Personal experience I would say Eircom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭cosbawn

Thank you gimmick for the replies. Thats a nice deal you have and thanks for the info.

I just rang Eircom and they say that as its the same line that v/fone use my speeds won't change. Its supposed to be an uncongested line. My deal is for unlimited download/upload and some calls off peak included, for €40 inc vat. I currently have 40gb and free off peak for €38 with v/fone. So it is a better deal for me to change and I think I will. Fingers +

You'd think I was on line morn noon and night the way I'm going on !!

Thanks to trudub83 also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

best of luck with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

eircom unlimited means unlimited

there is a fup of 500gb per month with eircom but its not really enforced

Advertisement