Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abandoned cars

Options
  • 16-10-2013 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I live in South of Dublin for the last 12 years and I moved into several places so far but I ALWAYS experienced cars being abandoned in the estate where I was renting. Does anyone know why this is happening so frequently in Ireland (I suppose it is a common issue in all areas of Ireland)?
    It is very annoying as it takes months having abandoned cars removed...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Most probably belong to "asylum seekers" who buy them for small money and dump them when the tax runs out or when they decide to move on when caught cheating the Social Welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Most probably belong to "asylum seekers" who buy them for small money and dump them when the tax runs out or when they decide to move on when caught cheating the Social Welfare.

A bit of wild speculation there.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,439 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

We don't need lessons in littering from foreigners, we've pretty well mastered the art ourselves without any help from outsiders. Abandoned cars have been a feature of urban and country life in Ireland for years.

Abandoned cars a re a particular nuisance on the island of Arranmore off Co. Donegal. Young lads bring old bangers over from the mainland, drive the sh1t out of them and then abandon them, the co. co. spends a fortune taking them away every so often. In 2008 they removed 500 (five hundred) cars, I doubt many of them were left there by asylum seekers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

coylemj wrote: »
    We don't need lessons in littering from foreigners, we've pretty well mastered the art ourselves without any help from outsiders. Abandoned cars have been a feature of urban and country life in Ireland for years.

Abandoned cars a re a particular nuisance on the island of Arranmore off Co. Donegal. Young lads bring old bangers over from the mainland, drive the sh1t out of them and then abandon them, the co. co. spends a fortune taking them away every so often. In 2008 they removed 500 (five hundred) cars, I doubt many of them were left there by asylum seekers.
    How come a post accusing asylum seekers of summat gets a red card..but a post accusing local lads dosent?

How come a post accusing asylum seekers of summat gets a red card..but a post accusing local lads dosent?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

because the first is completely unsubstantiated but the second is not.

How? Both are hearsay

• Advertisement

How? Both are hearsay

How? Both are hearsay

How? Both are hearsay

How? Both are hearsay

How? Both are hearsay

• Registered Users Posts: 49 pappe

Considering it is easy to identify owners of a car, why no fine applies when owners leave their car abandoned? I can't believe there is no regulation whatsoever in this matter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

No Maudi, the second post is hearsay. The first point is racist.

Edit:
    Read the posts
    - Second mentions Young Lads, you just assume it's young lads
    - First one is "asylum seekers" which you automatically know is non nationals, which makes you think that they are not Caucasian, and then it refers to them being social welfare cheats. So first post infers that non white foreigners are both litterers and social welfare cheats.

That's why the 1st post is red flagged. Also, it is red flagged as someone took offense to it.

RosieJoe wrote: »

Edit:
    Read the posts
    - First one is "asylum seekers" which you automatically know is non nationals, which makes you think that they are not Caucasian, and then it refers to them being social welfare cheats. So first post infers that non white foreigners are both litterers and social welfare cheats.

That's why the 1st post is red flagged. Also, it is red flagged as someone took offense to it.

God! Somebody feeling a bit precious.

Edit:
    Read the posts

Edit:
    Read the posts

• Advertisement

Edit:
    Read the posts

Edit:
    Read the posts

• Registered Users Posts: 33,936 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Thats alot of Hearsay

• Registered Users Posts: 33,936 ✭✭✭✭listermint

And feeling very precious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Have you got a compyuter stutter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Maudi wrote: »

Says someone who feels the need to continuously seek clarification on what is an obvious difference!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

pappe wrote: »
    Considering it is easy to identify owners of a car, why no fine applies when owners leave their car abandoned? I can't believe there is no regulation whatsoever in this matter

Because usually, when the person has abandoned the car, they have also abandoned the address, and the life to which the car was attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Why is it assumed that my post is "completely unsubstantiated"? Do you know what I do for a living? How do you know that I personally have not been a victim of a scam committed by a "non National" ??
    It is a matter of public knowledge that "non nationals" have been found guilty and both sentenced and deported for Social Welfare fraud. I rest my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

I've reported a number of abandoned cars over the years to dlrcoco. They are usually quite efficient at removing them. They usually try to contact the registered owner first and give them time to move it before removing and scrapping it themselves..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Why is it assumed that my post is "completely unsubstantiated"? Do you know what I do for a living? How do you know that I personally have not been a victim of a scam committed by a "non National" ??
    It is a matter of public knowledge that "non nationals" have been found guilty and both sentenced and deported for Social Welfare fraud. I rest my case.

to be a non national you'd have to be from the moon ;) Foreign national, everyone on earth has a nationality.

Advertisement