Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e-vision (eircom tv)

Options
  • 16-10-2013 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Just spotted this on the eircom website and very tempted. Their new fibre tv service. www.eircom.net/tv

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Considering they can't install efibre when they say would, I'd advise to stay away.I am anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

The Channel Selection is pretty crap.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Must be a eircom customer to get it? 

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭FaganJr

According to Silicon Republic Video Linky, you can get Quad Play for €60 pm, Phone, Fibre, TV & Emobile!

I certaily will be looking onto this and the it actually looks like a slick interface! Will shake things up a bit! Not to everyones iking but what is these days?

Can any Eircom Reps give us full details on the Quad play details please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

FaganJr wrote: »
    According to Silicon Republic Video Linky, you can get Quad Play for €60 pm, Phone, Fibre, TV & Emobile!

I certaily will be looking onto this and the it actually looks like a slick interface! Will shake things up a bit! Not to everyones iking but what is these days?

Interesting. 

Does the 60 EUR include line rental? 
    Which eMobile package? 
    Is the boradband unlimited? 
    How long is the contract for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Fungus wrote: »

Interesting. 

Does the 60 EUR include line rental? 
    Which eMobile package? 
    Is the boradband unlimited? 
    How long is the contract for?
    I'd say all the lower packages for the €60

I alrady have eFibre and all packages include line rental

Contracts are for 18 months

This Bundles should make it clearer.

Still like to see a breakdown of quad packages

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Don't like the way they are charging for RTE Two HD, BBC One & Two HD in their HD pack

• Registered Users Posts: 9 shanegough

I'd say all the lower packages for the €60

I alrady have eFibre and all packages include line rental

Contracts are for 18 months

This Bundles should make it clearer.

Still like to see a breakdown of quad packages

This link says nothing about eMobile! It's tv, broadband and landline ONLY! Disappointing that they won't take first mover advantage on a quad play offering before UPC get their MVNO up and running!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Don't like the way they are charging for RTE Two HD, BBC One & Two HD in their HD pack
    RTE Two HD is available free of charge to all customers able to receive HD channels, but I'm surprised that TG4 HD isn't the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

hellboy99 wrote: »
    RTE Two HD is available free of charge to all customers able to receive HD channels, but I'm surprised that TG4 HD isn't the same.
    Hi Guys
    thanks for posting and your interest in eVision.
    At the moment all information available to us is contained on the link posted above ( link here)
    But we will certainly chase more information on Quad play, as this appears to be one area needing clarification.
    Do post your questions on eVision here and we will get answers where possible.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Brewie

Any info on whether or not Eircom is in negotiations for the missing sky entertainment & sports channels channels such as Sky Living, Sky One & Atlantic?

It seems strange that Sky will allow Eircom to supply Sky Sports 1 & 2 but not Sky Sports 3, 4 and most importantly Sky Sports News.

If eircom gets the pricing right it is something I would be very interested in as I have 3 different companies at present supplying my mobile, broadband & TV.

I would hope that there will be continuous negotiations to expand the channels already available. I couldn't imagine anyone leaving Sky for eVision if there is no Sky One, Atlantic, Living & Sports 3, 4 & News channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Brewie wrote: »
    Any info on whether or not Eircom is in negotiations for the missing sky entertainment & sports channels channels such as Sky Living, Sky One & Atlantic?

It seems strange that Sky will allow Eircom to supply Sky Sports 1 & 2 but not Sky Sports 3, 4 and most importantly Sky Sports News.

If eircom gets the pricing right it is something I would be very interested in as I have 3 different companies at present supplying my mobile, broadband & TV.

I would hope that there will be continuous negotiations to expand the channels already available. I couldn't imagine anyone leaving Sky for eVision if there is no Sky One, Atlantic, Living & Sports 3, 4 & News channels.
    Hi Brewie
    We do feel that our prices will be very competitive, you can see more info here eVision

We do not have any info on negotiations on future channels but there will certainly be more added as time goes on.
    We will be happy to post any of these development here but all info will be posted to our website also.

Thanks for your post, it is great to get feedback on our new service..

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

Just a question on the Evision unit.Is it wifi enabled or does it have to be connected to your fibre router .My phone line comes into the hall in my house miles from my tv.How could I connect the e vision box to the router .Is it ethernet only?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭sumo12

Hi all
    I'm interested in a quad-bundle too - I currently have broadband & phone. As far as the TV goes, I'm a little underwhelmed by the channel options as currently outlined - I would prefer all the Sky sports channels and I notice ITV is missing as well as Sky news.
    I'll be very interested to see what the bundle pricing is when it is released.

Also, will there be continuity of service guaranteed ? Currently if my router gets moved an inch either side of where it sits, my wifi signal drops completely. (This was superbly diagnosed by an eircom tech rep when frankly I didn't believe him!) If this happens with the TV signal, there will be murder in our house!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

codie wrote: »
    Just a question on the Evision unit.Is it wifi enabled or does it have to be connected to your fibre router .My phone line comes into the hall in my house miles from my tv.How could I connect the e vision box to the router .Is it ethernet only?
    Hi codie

The main evision box will have to be connected to the the efibre modem via Ethernet cable but there is them multiroom boxes - https://www.eircom.net/tv/equipment-features

Thant connect to the main box via wifi

Thanks, Mark

Hi codie

The main evision box will have to be connected to the the efibre modem via Ethernet cable but there is them multiroom boxes - https://www.eircom.net/tv/equipment-features

Thanks, Mark
    Thats a bit of disaster ,unless your house is fairly new your not going to have your main phone point longside your tv .Most people have phone point in hall like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Hi codie

Thanks, Mark
    Thats a bit of disaster ,unless your house is fairly new your not going to have your main phone point longside your tv .Most people have phone point in hall like me.
    Powerline adapter will work, I believe.

jd wrote: »
    Hi codie

Thanks, Mark
    Hi jd

Yes the power-line adapters are used to boost the wifi across the house to the multiroom boxes  and devices.

Hi codie

Thanks, Mark
    Hi codie

I know it is not ideal in some cases depending on the lay out of the house.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

jd wrote: »
    Hi codie

Thanks, Mark
    Hi jd

Yes the power-line adapters are used to boost the wifi across the house to the multiroom boxes  and devices.
    No, I'm talking more in terms of something like
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/TP-Link-500Mbps-Mini-Powerline-Ethernet-Gaming-adapter-Home-UK-Plug-TL-PA411KIT-/261298634232?pt=UK_Computing_Powerline_Networking&hash=item3cd69cbdf8

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

You can move the telephone unit to the sitting room during the fibre installation, iirc. Those powerline adapters are fantastic for feeding internet through the house.

Sully wrote: »
    You can move the telephone unit to the sitting room during the fibre installation, iirc. Those powerline adapters are fantastic for feeding internet through the house.
    I presume they just replace the wall socket if your cable into the house is ok.Don't think they will go to that extreme for someone.Wouldn't be too easy in my house .

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I presume they just replace the wall socket if your cable into the house is ok.Don't think they will go to that extreme for someone.Wouldn't be too easy in my house .

I'm on about internal wiring and not the line outside the door, just to clarify. There is a max distance, again if I am remembering correctly!

Advertisement