Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entry Level MTB

Options
  • 16-10-2013 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Hoping someone can share some advice please.

I have looked at entry level Mountain Bikes from Cube,Trek, Giant, the B'Twin rockrider 8.1 from Decathlon Belfast.

Budget 500 to €800. Does anything jump out as being great value or poor value in that price range?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Tomred13

shutup wrote: »

I have looked at entry level Mountain Bikes from Cube,Trek, Giant, the B'Twin rockrider 8.1 from Decathlon Belfast.

Budget 500 to €800. Does anything jump out as being great value or poor value in that price range?

Thanks

Hi Shutup

i wouldnt be sure about which is the better bike, i do alot of mtbing/racing and alot of lads seem to use Giant bikes, they seem a good entry level mtber, check out the Giant store on longmile rd n ask for Richie ( he's the godfather of irish mtbing) and will give you good advice on bikes.. otherwise there are some v good secondhand mtbs for sale at the mo, alot of lads will be selling their race bikes over the next few weeks. all the bikes are generally very well maintained and would have better specs so you could get a bargain for your money!! check adverts/donedeal, epic club mtb forum n Mad mtb forum....

Dermot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

shutup wrote: »

Thanks

IMO it really doesn't matter what brand you buy, at the moment you will get a beauty of a used mtb for that price, buy and sell cyclist only, on FB have some great bikes up, and also, as above, done deal/adverts. I just sold a great mtb for a low low price as I am upgrading for next year. How tall are you? are you looking for full suspension or hardtail?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

Thanks for posts there lads. Was beginning to feel a bit left out.
    I was thinking new because I can use bike to work. You have both recommended second hand but I'm worried they could be wrecked and I won't be able to tell. I won't know the spec either so don't know what I'm buying.
    I'm 6.1 and was looking for hard tail as its cheaper. I don't know if I will stick with it so don't want to spend too much.
    Was looking at a giant revel 0.5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

What kind of riding are you looking to do?

A hardtail would be your best bet alrite......The Giant revel would be a 650b/27.5 inch, If I were your height, and buying new, I'd probably go for specialized or another brand that does a '29er' wheel.... At the end of the day, what ever you buy, you will love it, but it is good to check out your options.......

Advertisement