Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone using iPad as sole computer?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

r3nu4l wrote: »
    I don't think anyone has said that the iPad cannot do these things. I've stated that I write documents on the iPad. I do also edit documents on the iPad but I prefer a PC/Mac for editing because it's faster (in my experience). I am a professional writer, it's what I do for a living. I spend all day, every day, writing and editing and I still find the PC/Mac faster than the iPad when it comes to intensive editing.
    I wouldn't disagree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

I know this is an Apple forum, but wouldn't a Windows tablet make more sense? Something with Windows 8 would give you the best of both worlds

I know this is an Apple forum, but wouldn't a Windows tablet make more sense? Something with Windows 8 would give you the best of both worlds
    That bewilders me .... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Well since I'm the op, there's a few reasons for me wanting an iPad/ mac mix for this particular venture:

The best program for me to design and distribute the product is Pages. I have Tried many of the Microsoft and freeware alternatives but I find Pages the easiest and the one that gives bet results.

I personally have invested heavily in the iOS 'world', ie apps etc that I would also be using on the iPad. So I don't see the point in moving unless it's for a fantastic reason.

I don't really like Windows, I have had to have a windows machine for software I was using for my postgrad, and now that I need to change anyway, I want to move back to mac since that's what I was using before that.

Well since I'm the op, there's a few reasons for me wanting an iPad/ mac mix for this particular venture:

The best program for me to design and distribute the product is Pages. I have Tried many of the Microsoft and freeware alternatives but I find Pages the easiest and the one that gives bet results.

I personally have invested heavily in the iOS 'world', ie apps etc that I would also be using on the iPad. So I don't see the point in moving unless it's for a fantastic reason.

I don't really like Windows, I have had to have a windows machine for software I was using for my postgrad, and now that I need to change anyway, I want to move back to mac since that's what I was using before that.

Ah right, well if you're invested in the iOS platform I suppose it makes sense to stay with it :)

• Advertisement

Ah right, well if you're invested in the iOS platform I suppose it makes sense to stay with it :)
    It has nothing to do with investing. The iOS is just far superior to the Windows, especially for creating content.

Piliger wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with investing. The iOS is just far superior to the Windows, especially for creating content.

ok.

Advertisement