Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best fryup in Dublin?

Options
  • 16-10-2013 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

Another thread (Athlone monster breakfast) has got me salivating. Despite the fact that I have loads of leftovers in the fridge I'm craving a fryup now and not one I make myself.

Probably been asked before and will probably get me sent to another forum but I'll try. Where (cafe/restaurant/pub) can I get a great value fryup in or around the city centre?

mmmmm.....rashers!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Matt the Rashers on Sundrive Rd does a very good breakfast, though the coffee is just OK. They have liver as an option if you want (and yes, I do want).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Violets, Dorset Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Uaru

That Damsen Diner place does a lovely one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Actually Del Rio's across from the Abbey. It's a chipper but the do a big greasy fry with chips :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Always enjoyed Cafe Sofia's breakfasts, just on the croassroads where Wexford St goes onto Aungier St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

Not really a 'Fry Up', but the full irish in Noshington opposite Griffith College is excellent..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭L.A.D

The Lovin Spoon on North Great Frederick Street, just off Dorset Street

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Gmaximum

Red Kev wrote: »
    Matt the Rashers on Sundrive Rd does a very good breakfast, though the coffee is just OK. They have liver as an option if you want (and yes, I do want).

Pickles on Sundrive Rd is a hundred times better than Matt the Rasher. Proper big sausages unlike the afore mentioned.

No liver though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

L.A.D wrote: »
    The Lovin Spoon on North Great Frederick Street, just off Dorset Street

Went in there the other day having seen it mentioned quite a lot on here before. Was average I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

The Kingfisher on Parnell St.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

MonaPizza wrote: »
    Another thread (Athlone monster breakfast) has got me salivating. Despite the fact that I have loads of leftovers in the fridge I'm craving a fryup now and not one I make myself.

Probably been asked before and will probably get me sent to another forum but I'll try. Where (cafe/restaurant/pub) can I get a great value fryup in or around the city centre?

mmmmm.....rashers!!!

Correct. Region specific queries are best placed in the relevant regional forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

WP_20131007_001_zpse637ab37.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Egg is woeful looking, sausages are burnt, beans look too watery... Where's the mushrooms? Rashers look a little weird too... Where is that from.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

ardle1 wrote: »
    <Please don't quote images (especially huge ones!!)>

That looks like a top of a thumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

January wrote: »
    Egg is woeful looking, sausages are burnt, beans look too watery... Where's the mushrooms? Rashers look a little weird too... Where is that from.

Nothing wrong with a bit of char on a sausage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Ardle1, I've resized your image, it was HUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGEEEEEE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Lads tis probably ardle's missus did that for his tea. He posted the pic to gain some brownie points........after your feckin comments he's just got himself a week in the spare room!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

The full Irish in Clarkes Bakery in Cabra is brilliant for a hangover.
    Food Fare in Finglas is nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DaSchmo

Gerry's on Montague St. Hands down

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

ardle1 wrote: »
    Pic

Beans?! No balk pudding!!

Return that to the chef!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

kennedys in fairview is really good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

January wrote: »

Eh well a friend off mine did that, eh yeah a friend!!!:( :o:(:o

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

Cafe Sofia on Wexford St - a winner every time - best value price wise too - it just can not be beaten

Noshington opposite Griffith College is decent too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Kilkenny design on Nassau st..upstairs do a 5 item breakfast including tea and toast for a fiver.

The sausages are enormous,proper meaty ones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Hobarts in Ranelagh

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

chopper6 wrote: »
    Kilkenny design on Nassau st..upstairs do a 5 item breakfast including tea and toast for a fiver.

The sausages are enormous,proper meaty ones too.

Must try this out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Well uve got Matt the Rasher in Crumlin on Sundrive Road which is proper nice and a new place has opened up on the Long Mile Road next to Sullivan Safety near lidle called the the Farmers Market or something that is really nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭odd1

MonaPizza wrote: »

mmmmm.....rashers!!!
    Hungry monkey. Mulhuddard
    Cheese pantry. Drumcondra
    SuperMac 's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

odd1 wrote: »
    Hungry monkey. Mulhuddard
    Cheese pantry. Drumcondra
    SuperMac 's

I'm not a fan of the Hungry Monkey... the two close community centre's (one at the top of Mulhuddart beside the Spar and one in Parslickstown House) cafe's are much better and more reasonable. But that's Dublin 15.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Really like the breakfasts in WUFF in Stoneybatter, their sausages are the size of a baby's arm and they make their own beans. The only problem is getting a seat at the weekends as it's really busy.

Advertisement