Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best fryup in Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Which place does the biggest fryup in Dublin? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Really like the breakfasts in WUFF in Stoneybatter, their sausages are the size of a baby's arm and they make their own beans. The only problem is getting a seat at the weekends as it's really busy.

You've got to book that place in advance or else be very very lucky to get a table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

My husband and I are up in Dublin for a gig in November, it's a birthday present for him and I'm just wondering where to go for a decent fry up for breakfast and somewhere else for sinfully calorific cakes:D. We're staying in the Gibson so I'm looking for places in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Brendan's Cafe in Smithfield, across from the fruit and veg market. It's a real greasy spoon, aimed at the market workers so you have to get there early enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Noshington opposite Griffith College is decent too

Worth 11 quid?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

For cake try any of

The Queen of Tarts (Dame Street & Cows Lane)

Paris Bakery (on Moore Street, bad service but great patisserie)

Lolly & Cooks (Georges St arcade, cupcakes. Not really somewhere to sit but you can eat and walk)

The Bakehouse (On the Quays just at the ha'penny bridge, traditional type baking, coffee slices, apple cake etc. in a very cute setting)

KC Peaches (Nassau Street & Dame Street)

I can't go a Saturday without a cinnamon scroll and a coffee from Brother Hubbard on Capel Street but it might not really factor as 'cake' :)

Also, I haven't tried here yet but there's a new cheesecake shop after opening on South William Street that looks really lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

For cake try any of

The Queen of Tarts (Dame Street & Cows Lane)

Paris Bakery (on Moore Street, bad service but great patisserie)

Lolly & Cooks (Georges St arcade, cupcakes. Not really somewhere to sit but you can eat and walk)

The Bakehouse (On the Quays just at the ha'penny bridge, traditional type baking, coffee slices, apple cake etc. in a very cute setting)

KC Peaches (Nassau Street & Dame Street)

I can't go a Saturday without a cinnamon scroll and a coffee from Brother Hubbard on Capel Street but it might not really factor as 'cake' :)

Also, I haven't tried here yet but there's a new cheesecake shop after opening on South William Street that looks really lovely

Cheesecake Dublin is supposed to be fab, it's my mission to try it in the next little while. They ran out of cheesecake early today! Good sign for a new business!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭spireland32

Brendan's Cafe in smithfield proper greasy spoon... best breakfast in dublin by a mile. Proper mug of coffee, whopper sausages, real bacon rashers. And bren throws a few chips on the side. Amazing omelettes aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Matt the Rashers is the best imho. Quality is always there too, no matter when you go or how busy, everything is always cooked perfectly. Always really quick service too.
    It's not city centre, but if you're driving you can park in superquin across the road.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Gilly Cafe on marrowbone lane do an awesome all-day fryup for around 7 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Woodstock in phibsboro . Highly recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

chopper6 wrote: »
    Gilly Cafe on marrowbone lane do an awesome all-day fryup for around 7 euro.

Walk past there on my way to work, not in till 10am next week either so may test her out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

January wrote: »
    Cheesecake Dublin is supposed to be fab, it's my mission to try it in the next little while. They ran out of cheesecake early today! Good sign for a new business!
    They ran out of cheesecake last Sunday as well......

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

Worth 11 quid?

Ah it is huge and good - I wouldnt get it every week or anything, but would go back if was near by again and it suited etc

Thought is was 9.75

Walk past there on my way to work, not in till 10am next week either so may test her out.

Yeah this place is decent actually

L5 wrote: »
    Woodstock in phibsboro . Highly recommended

Not to my liking this place, for breakfast or dinner anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Brendan's Cafe in Smithfield, across from the fruit and veg market. It's a real greasy spoon, aimed at the market workers so you have to get there early enough.

Is this place still open?
    I used to go here every Saturday in my early teens after picking up veg from the markets for a shop I worked in.

What I always loved about Brendan's was that he always had toasted batch bread and the eggs were cooked to perfection.

I'm tempted to up in the morning!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 74 ✭✭Aotearoa

cant remember the name but next door to peters pub on south william street do a lovely fry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Kung Fu Chinese buffet in Phibsboro do a decent fry up for €2.99 no drinks but home fries as well lovely.
    They do a Jumbo for €4.99 but have not tried it but looks enormous

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shankespony

Woodstock or mcloughneys clontarf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

There's a small cafe right at the back of Blackrock market on weekends and they do a great breakfast! Cheap as chips as well

City centre, probably cinnamon cafe in Smithfield or queen of tarts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

The best fry I've ever eaten comes from a place called Seasons in Skerries. The quality of the ingredients is just divine. Even the butter is somehow special and salivating. It's far to go but if you happen to find yourself in North County Dublin then absolutely give it a whirl. I've only been twice :(

In the city centre I've always enjoyed the breakfast from Lemon Jelly in the Italian quarter. It's good quality and there's plenty on the plate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Speedsie wrote: »
    They ran out of cheesecake last Sunday as well......
    I just had a look at their facebook page, I think I'm going to have to pack bigger knickers:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Brams Cafe in Marino is an excellent clean well run little gaff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

dd972 wrote: »
    Brams Cafe in Marino is an excellent clean well run little gaff

I'd second this alright. Yummy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Thanks to whoever suggested brendans in smithfield. Went there this morning and wasn't disappointed. Was delicious although I suspect I have knocked a few months off my life expectancy.
    Proper mug of tea, none of these fairy one sip cups. Those potato chips were lovely, more like crisps though. Toasted batch bread dripping with butter, I was lucky enough to get the heal too.
    For those looking for it, from capel street/Mary street head up the narrow street towards the fruit market and its on your right.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Slunk wrote: »
    Thanks to whoever suggested brendans in smithfield. Went there this morning and wasn't disappointed. Was delicious although I suspect I have knocked a few months off my life expectancy.
    Proper mug of tea, none of these fairy one sip cups. Those potato chips were lovely, more like crisps though. Toasted batch bread dripping with butter, I was lucky enough to get the heal too.
    For those looking for it, from capel street/Mary street head up the narrow street towards the fruit market and its on your right.

Hold on, it's not one of those places that give you pre-buttered toast? That's an instant fail!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I'm normally not a fan of that myself but it was quite delicious

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Anywhere in Artane worth visiting for a fry lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

chopper6 wrote: »
    Kilkenny design on Nassau st..upstairs do a 5 item breakfast including tea and toast for a fiver.

The sausages are enormous,proper meaty ones too.

I was walking up that way last week looking for a decent fry :(

Advertisement