Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeling...Mehh

• 16-10-2013 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Okay, am currently in sixth year and doing 7 subjects (all HL). I'm aiming fairly high points wise, well into the 500's and possibly 600's. At the moment, though, I'm finding motivation pretty hard to come by. I'm not 100% sure what's going on my CAO , which brings me down a little but its not the entire reason for my slump. I know what I working for but I just feel so tired all the time. It's not like I'm not sitting down to study or being distracted, yet I just feel like I'm getting nothing done. Sorry for what's basically a long whiney post but does anyone feel the same or anyone who has been through it does it get better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

Yeah I was feeling like I was getting nothing done at the start of the year, but I just made out a proper study plan and a list of everything I wanted to get done before midterm. Granted, I'm still nowhere near where I should be on my list, I feel a lot more reassured with my study, and it all seems very doable. Like you, I too am aiming extremely high :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

It won't kick in till January dont worry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

yournerd wrote: »
    It won't kick in till January dont worry :D
    Thanks guys! Study plan edit 2 is all ready to go so hopefully this will be better!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Don't set yourself too big a target as regards studying each evening. Set yourself manageable attainable targets, in small chunks. Sometimes if you see yourself having to do loads, it's much harder to get started than if you see a small do-able task.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

The start off is hard and slow.

DO NOT cut all social ties e.g nights out, sports ect to study at this early stage.

Do ease yourself into a structured study that can be scaled up when the time comes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Thanks guys! Study plan edit 2 is all ready to go so hopefully this will be better!

I was one of those people that never had a study plan even though everyone is recommending it!
    Just do whatever works for you :D

Advertisement