Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Developing for multiple devices

Options
  • 16-10-2013 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭

I am interested to know of techniques that people use to accommodate the various types of Android devices, mostly with regard to screen size and pixel density.

I am going down the line of using one drawables folder with (xml) shapes. Size values are taken from multiple values folders.

Also multiple layout folders.

When creating the multiple layout and values folders, I go for:

orientation_screensize_pixeldensity.

Do ye think that screen size and pixel density is enough?

Or should one accomodate significant differences in say a large screen size which in theory can be 4 - 7 inches, and have any pixel density?

screens-ranges.png

URL="http://developer.android.com/guide/practices/screens_support.html"]Image source[/URL

I would be most interested in solutions which don't use fragments in Android 3.0 (API level 11).

Advertisement