Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tower Records move to Dawson St

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Wow! I hope the rent doesn't kill them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,720 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Wow! I hope the rent doesn't kill them.
    :confused: The rent on Dawson St will be way cheaper than Wicklow St. The estimates in the article are €500k/year compared to €280k/year

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Love that Tower Records store the world needs more glorious vinyl record palaces and less Swedish "upmarket" fashion outlets.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

I used to love going to Tower for vinyl but then they got a bit too expensive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 SnakeDrake

They'll have to close at 6 every day as that street will be dead in the evenings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

SnakeDrake wrote: »
    They'll have to close at 6 every day as that street will be dead in the evenings.

Agreed, but I doubt if that'll make much of a difference. Anytime I was in their Wicklow St store after 6.00 pm there were never many people around, even in the "boom" years. I often wondered how it paid them to open late.

Perhaps they should take a leaf out of "Walton's" book and relocate to one of the big shopping centres ? Waltons have moved from Nth Frederick St to Blanchardstown. However, I think their reason for moving was lack of space.
    Nontheless there is at least the same amount of potential buyer traffic in Blanchardstown, and I assume that the rent would be cheaper.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Didn't Tower used to be on Dawson St years back?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

old hippy wrote: »
    Didn't Tower used to be on Dawson St years back?

Yes, they were there for a short time. If I remember correctly, there was a fire in the Wicklow St store and they moved temporarily to a vacant spot on Dawson St while repairs were carried out.

Advertisement