Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm looking for a....fire breather...eater

Options
  • 16-10-2013 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to hire a fire breather for a photography event on the 9.11.2013. If anyone here knows someone who can spit fire like a dragon, please pm me. Thank you very much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,463 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

If you don't find someone before next week ask someone involved in the Macnas parade. Some of their gang do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭yaledo

I hate to put a skill-based activity down as being stupid... but well... amateur firebreathers are not generally renowned for their good life choices.

Keep your options open, and especially consider looking for someone who will spin fire poi or staff instead. Galway is gifted with some very skilful performers in these disciplines.

Not only do poi & staff look great in photos, they also tend to be done by people who aren't amateur firebreathers.

JOE's recommendation of contacting NUIG juggling society is a pretty good one [but they don't tend to do firebreathing there].

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭IanLAD

i have no experience in eating fire or spitting fire but if the moneys right ill give it a go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭FurQyou

Sorry op I don't know anywhere you can hire a dragon im afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

yaledo wrote: »
    JOE's recommendation of contacting NUIG juggling society is a pretty good one [but they don't tend to do firebreathing there].

You could be right there, he's a video of their recent fire show;
    http://vimeo.com/67879164

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thefireinside

A guy posted a photo of himself breathing fire in the Ladies Lounge.. At least I think it's him fire-breathing, could be the olympic torch ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86852433&postcount=3054

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

I know this dude. He's a very nice guy and runs a professional gig.

He's not based in Galway but he's was living here and may be able to travel.

http://ie.linkedin.com/pub/aidan-phelan/30/b5b/98a

• Registered Users Posts: 1 theo888

I am a fire performer, I do poi and breathing, I have three years of busking experience and I also have a modest fee if your still looking i would certainly be up for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

Thanks for all the responses! I think I got someone, I'll report back here after the event. With pictures. If I'm still alive that is....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,463 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Cosmo K wrote: »
    Thanks for all the responses! I think I got someone, I'll report back here after the event. With pictures. If I'm still alive that is....

Hope you aren't planning to do a selfie!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 redgp

Hi, looking for a fire breather in Galway City for the 27th of December. If anybody is interested in doing a gig that day, please get in touch with your rates.

Advertisement