Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New house .. new phone line .. 12 month contract ?

Options
  • 16-10-2013 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭

if I order a phone line from eircom at a new house build that does not have a phone line I have been told that I enter into a year long contract with eircom and I cannot get dsl broadband in the first year from an alternate provider without breaking the contract is this true?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

celtic_oz wrote: »
    if I order a phone line from eircom at a new house build that does not have a phone line I have been told that I enter into a year long contract with eircom and I cannot get dsl broadband in the first year from an alternate provider without breaking the contract is this true?
    Hi celtic_oz

There is a minimum 12 month contract for any new installation. You are free to move to another provider within that time-frame and set up broadband service with them. However that would incur cancellation charges.

However the majority of customers do have a process to set up full installation line requests (aspects of the work may need to be done by eircom engineers)

Have you looked into that possibility with the provider you are moving to.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement