If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7.1/5.1 speakers with receiver purchase

Options
  • 16-10-2013 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi all,

My brother in law is beginning to put his put his man cave together and is looking for guides on speaker and receiver combo.

He'd prefer 7.1 speaker set up with receiver if possible for appprox €700 outlay. Projector/TV to follow in the future.

We plan to take a run up to the shop this saturday and get a demo if at all possible but in the meantime if you could advise in advance it would be helpful.

Look forward to seeing the options.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Stephen,

in the first instance thanks a million for thinking of us and it's great you are coming up to Belfast - Belfast is really hopping at the moment and it's a great place to visit with lots of stuff for the whole family - honestly the Titanic visitor centre is fantastic - just make sure you avoid the Fashion shops in the Victoria Centre ( or at least your partners do - or else there won't be any spends left for the Man cave :eek:)

Back onto the subject - if you are looking for 7.1 around the €700 mark my advice would be to go for a 5.1 to start and add the two extras later when the budget allows - this will allow you to get a better foundation system and in time a far better system. ( and unfortunately I'm still going to bust your budget slightly..)

I would recommend the Onkyo TXNR626 Receiver - which is a 7.2 receiver with the Monitor Audio Mass 5.0 satellite package - this is a superb speaker satellite and centre pack from the acclaimed Mass system which retails at £800 - http://www.trustedreviews.com/monitor-audio-mass_Surround-Sound-System_review - if you partnered it with it's matching sub, you would blow your budget out of the water - however if you partner it with the similarly voiced Monitor Audio VW8 then we can squeeze the system together with just a little bit of budget busting ..

Have a look at some of the links here to get some idea in advance of your trip:

Onkyo TXNR626 - £349.95 / €419.99 : http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/onkyo/txnr626/onky-txnr626-blk

Monitor Audio Mass 5.0 ( shown here with Mass Sub) £449.95 / €539.99 for the 5.0 pack : http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/monitor-audio/mass-5.1/moni-audio-mass

Monitor Audio VW8 Sub £149.95 / €179.99: http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/support/past-products/vector/vw8/

The total retail price should be about £950 / €1140 - we can do a Boardie special on it at just £649.95 / €779.99 which really is a cracking price.

When upgrade time comes you can either swap the sub for the matching Mass sub which retails at £349.95 / €399.99 or add teh two remaining Mass satellites at just £199.90/ €239.99 a pair to give you the full 7.2 system.

If you wanetd to go the whole hog on the day I'd do the extra 2 Mass satellites at just £149.95 / €179.99 on top of the €770 system price.

Have a look around - I'm pretty sure you wont find this quality of kit priced this keenly anywheer in Ireland or the UK - if you know what time you are coming up, give us a shout in advance and we will have it set up in the demo room with a decent projector and have the coffee on!

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Steekers

Thanks John,

Package looks good and it would be excellent to get a demo. We will be in the store at 2pm or thereabouts.

Oh and i'm an Antrim native but thanks for the info but the women will be left at home. This is man's stuff.

See you Saturday.

Stephen.

Steekers wrote: »
    Thanks John,

Package looks good and it would be excellent to get a demo. We will be in the store at 2pm or thereabouts.

Oh and i'm an Antrim native but thanks for the info but the women will be left at home. This is man's stuff.

See you Saturday.

Stephen.
    John,

Just to follow up we did indeed travel up and bought the package (you may remember cos i think you were called at home!) and actually did blow the budget by buying the partnered sub!. Just wondering if you could honour the price on the remaining 2 satellites as quoted above (the one @ €179.99) and have them down in time for Christmas?

I did mention that i was looking for vouchers in another thread but the vouchers would be to buy these anyway.

Thanks,
    Stephen.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks John,

See you Saturday.

Stephen.
    John,

Just to follow up we did indeed travel up and bought the package (you may remember cos i think you were called at home!) and actually did blow the budget by buying the partnered sub!. Just wondering if you could honour the price on the remaining 2 satellites as quoted above (the one @ €179.99) and have them down in time for Christmas?

I did mention that i was looking for vouchers in another thread but the vouchers would be to buy these anyway.

Thanks,
    Stephen.
    Stephen,

no problem - we are out of stock of the Mass sats at the moment - but I'm happy to split a pack so you get them prior to Christmas - I'll do them at €179.99 for the pair ( How did I agree that price!!!!! :eek:) we would have to charge shipping at £12.95.

Thanks again and drop me a line with your contact details if you would like to go ahead and I'll get one of the guys to call you to arrange your delivery,

Keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Pm ssent earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Steekers, we tried you earlier but left a message on your mobile.

Give us a call tomorrow or we'll try you again.

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.