Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rats in my roof

• 16-10-2013 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I got rats in my extension roof last year due to a bad roof job , they found there way into the main house and up to the attic , there was evidence they were drinking from the tank . We sorted this by putting on a tank lid ! So far outta the family we caught four on different traps , there's one left and is impossible to catch, after getting away from a faulty trap ( noting worse ) . There's about 8 traps & a cage in different spots round the house where we herd scratching , (cut outs all over the place in the ceilings) ....we got Rentokill here aswell he's here every few days rebaiting (&scratching his head)

This is going on way too long
    Anyone any ideas thanks ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭juniord

put a ferret into the attic , anyone hunting with ferrets would usually have a finder (so it wont go missing in the house ) dodderangler on here might be able to help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

I got rats in my extension roof last year due to a bad roof job , they found there way into the main house and up to the attic , there was evidence they were drinking from the tank . We sorted this by putting on a tank lid ! So far outta the family we caught four on different traps , there's one left and is impossible to catch, after getting away from a faulty trap ( noting worse ) . There's about 8 traps & a cage in different spots round the house where we herd scratching , (cut outs all over the place in the ceilings) ....we got Rentokill here aswell he's here every few days rebaiting (&scratching his head)

This is going on way too long
    Anyone any ideas thanks ??

I'd be thinking if it's goin on too long that Mr rat has access to some source of food or other. So I'd be trying to eliminate all food (and water) sources except for the baited traps.

Advertisement