Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

letter from Medserv regarding Hospital Stay

Options
  • 16-10-2013 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi, i arrived home this evening to find a letter from Medserv who say they manage accounts for our local hospital.the letter was regarding an overnight stay for my son in October 2011 which they claim i have not paid! It states that the hospital was under the impression i had private insurance.i remember ringing my insurance company to make sure my son was covered on my policy.i was told he was covered for free up until my renewal date which was 1st December.i decided not to renew my policy and changed to another insurer. I cannot understand why 2 years later i have received this letter and why my insurance company did not pay this fee. Am i entitled to contact my previous insurer and question this and is it a case that they had the responsibility of paying this fee as my insurer at the time.I would appreciate any comments/suggestions on what i should do.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yes of course you are entitled to contact your previous insurer and ask about it.

If they deny anything ask them to pull your phone recording records.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mc81

January wrote: »
    Yes of course you are entitled to contact your previous insurer and ask about it.

If they deny anything ask them to pull your phone recording records.

Thanks for the advice,i rang them and gave them my previous insurance details and they are following up with them.i havent heard anything back so hoping its sorted.justnridiculous how 2 yrs have passed and only notifying me now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Probably the hospital didn't send the bill til after Dec 1st, hence the insurance company didn't pay out as no-one realised the bill related to a stay during the insurance period.

Once this is pointed out, the insurance company will pay.

Advertisement