Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run Run Run

• 16-10-2013 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Well currently levels of fitness are on the way up but decided to get a log going again. No particular plan at the moment other that just getting out the door for a run 6 days a week and keep my log run at the 12-15 range for the winter.

Monday

6 miles easy on grass with a faster last two miles.

Tuesday

5 miles lunch time run in work with a colleague but was a bit slower that planned.

Wednesday
    6 mile run with 4 miles of fartlek pace was very easy for the warmup and slow down but ran some of the reps a little to hard.

Will prob plan a 5k or 10k around the new year and then start planning from there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭morceli

Thursday 16th

5 mile easy run in the pissing rain, was a nice enough run but nohing major.

Friday 17th

6 miles run in the afternoon, was planning on going a little later in the day as a few beers were had last night. But had a free hour so got out during work.

Saturday 18th
    Didnt think I'd get out for a run today. but got a text from a friend about a run and got out for a sneeky 30 mins.

Sunday 19th
    No run yesterday had a few things going on and took the day off.

Will keep ticking over for the next 6 week before trying my had at a park run. Need to get the diet back in track as I've been a bold by for the last 2 weeks.

Monday 28th October
    Was in at the DCM for most the morning and managed to get to a few points around the course. Seemed like the weather was a lot better than expected but didnt look easy at all.

Managed to get a late run in with just an easy 5 miles along the canal, leg a bit tired but did cover a good few miles jog walking to points on the course.

5 miles @ 9 m/mile

Tuesday 29th October
    5 miles easy on grass today, pace was really really slow but not to worried.

Wed 30th October
    5.5 miles approx of Fartlek on grass. Just wanted to mix up the pace a little. Nothing major but hope to build this session up over the winter.

Thursday 31st October
    Rest day today - Looked out the window at 8pm and though about doing a few miles, but it looked like WW3 was kicking off with far too many fireworks. So kept to the rest day plan.
    A few Thursday beers as usual but think I will need to put a stop to these until I drop some weight.

Saturday 2nd November
    5 miles handy on grass didn't feel great.

Sunday 3rd November
    6 miles on portmarnock beAch really enjoyed this run. Conditions were perfect for running.

Monday 4th November
    90 mins on a mix of road and grass this was more of a run walk and has only planned on 45 min run bit have the week off work and just decided to enjoy the day.

Tuesday 5th November
    55 mins of slow running on grass legs a bit stiff but keeping it easy.

Wednesday 6th November
    Am
    Nice swim today trying to get to the pool 3 mornings a week for some cross training.
    Pm
    40 mins run on grass had company for this run so pace was a bit quicker than I have been running.

• Advertisement

Last week was a fairly good week, 34 miles covered over 6 days. Was happy enough with this as the weight is still far to hight.

Monday 18 th November
    Met up with a friend for this run, Plan was just for 40 mins easy on an out an back course. Pace was handy enough for the first 20 mins but picjed up on the way back. Prob a little to fast but just went with it.

Tuesday 19th November
    Hit the pool and gym before work. didnt do a huge amount in the pool but was good to get a early swim in. Just did some work on the hamstring and calf in the gym.

50 mins easy run after work today. Might have worked the legs a bit to much this morning but felt good.

Hope to get into shape in time for Raheny 5 but will play it by ear.

Wed 20th November

50 mins easy running on grass today, Have managed to change my work for the rest of the year so more late days in the officebut the very good plus side to starting late is I'll get to run in daylight for a few more week.

Legs were a little tired today as I might have over done the calf work in the gym yesterday. But hope to build them up over the next few months.

Might do a parkrun over the weekend but at this point i think i'd take a a sub 25 ..

Wednesday 21st November
    6 miles easy with 4x800m tempo in the mid section. Haven't tried anything faster than 9 min mile on a long time so wasn't sure how I would feel. Actually felt good for the most part but a Long way to go.

Friday 22nd November
    50 mins easy tonight along the canal. Had company for this run legs starting to remember how to run.

Saturday 23rd November
    50 mins nice and easy hit the gym after for some core and weights mostly working calf and hamstrings

• Advertisement

Terrible week in work this week but managed a run most days, will be happy to get 5 runs done this week. Have a set plan on paper starting on Monday and hope to build up to a sprin half marathon. Looking at maybe wicklow or bohermeen
    Monday
    45 mins easy
    Tuesday
    50 mins very tired was 10:30 getting out the door and didnt feel the love.
    Wed
    No run
    Thursday
    50 mins at lunch which was nice.
    Friday
    Still in the office now, so either run home and collect my car tomororw or drive home and have the 2 beers that are sitting in the firdge.....

Monday 2nd December
    5 miles handy with the middle 2 miles a little faster. Pace was slow enough and going to keep it this way until I can drop about a stone. Have cut right back on Alcohol and crap food so need to be consistant.
    Tuesday 3rd December
    5 miles easy in Corkagh during lunch today really nice run, finding getting around 5 miles is hard enough felt like walking mid way but plodded on.

Wed 4th December (hills or not as the case maybe)
    Working late today so planned an easy hill session on road, but after getting changed I was stading there without shorts. :( a shocking school boy error and it will be after 11 when I get home tonight not sure I'll run. Prob move tomorrows rest day to today and do todays run tomorrow.

Thursday 5th December
    50 mins handy with a some hills. not feeling 100% on this run.
    Friday 6th December
    40 mins easy seem to be coming down with some sort of cold.

Sat 7th December
    60 mins easy in corkagh.

Sunday 8th December
    No run, wasnt feeling great today.

Monday 9th December

Had the day off and decided to get out for a longer run. Did about 90 mins easy with 30 mins run/walk to get my home. Longest run in a while and prob a bit further than I should have gone.

Tuesday 10th December.
    45 mins handy on grass. Legs were very tired today but felt good when finished.

Wed 11th December

60 mins easy running along the canal passed a few friendly drinkers who seemed to be having a nice morning, and on the run back was passed by a horse which is a first on this section. ]
    Legs are feeling very tired but better than yesterday thats what you get when you don't run enough and eat to much. Pace is still no faster than 9:30 but going to build up slowly and nothing faster until I get my long run upto 90 mins +. Come back number 27...

Thrsday 12th December
    Rest

Friday 13th December
    Early starting Christmas party today so needed to get this run done before work. Got out the door at 6:45 for an easy 50 mins. Didnt feel good at all and not used to early morning running. Now to totally undo any good work with about a million callories from beer.

Not much running over the Christmas tweaked something in my back on the 23rd and could not get out for a few days. An easy 3 mile jog today and things seem to be a log better. Just some tightness will take this week handy enough but happy to get out today.

Wed 1st Jan.

30 mins easy run in the morning with some stretching. The back and ass are still very stiff but starting to get better. Should be able to do some popper running at the weekend. Got out for a nice hour walk in the evening just trying to avoid beer at home.

Thursday 2nd
    Rest day, just went out for a nice hour walk on the beach.

Friday 3rd
    30 mins easy run with 30 mins walk in corkagh. Back is feeling a lot better but a little tightness in the hamstring.

Saturday 4th
    5 miles very slow today with 2 short breaks to stretch the legs. Weather was a bit crap but really enjoyed this run.

Sunday 5th Jan
    Am
    60 mins run walk (mostly walk) just to get out for a while

PM
    40 mins very easy around a small loop in the business park, on call for work so couldn't stray to far.Nice run all the same even in the conditions.

Monday 6th Jan
    40 mins very easy on road today, mixed it up with some strides just to stop all this mono paced running.

• Advertisement

Tuesday 7th January
    40 mins nice and handy legs feeling a bit tired prob due to been lazy and not running much it was after 10pm when I got out and the canal was amazing. Nice cold run with no people around for a change.

Wed 8th January
    Didn't get out today as had a few non running things to sort out.

Thursday 9th January
    Early run today before work, down along the canal again but didnt feel great. Took a walk break after 20 mins. Will get out at lunch tomorrow as I've been on road/canal a lot this week need some good grass.

Friday 10th Jan
    40 mins easy with some short strides along the canal.

Sat 11th Jan
    40 mins in the Pheonix park, haven't ran here for a while now and must make the trip in more often.
    Sunday 12th Jan
    Spent the afternoon in St Anne's park watching the Masters XC. Got a couple of miles done myself before the race. Mens race was really good to watch and a right good battle up front. Good running from the boards crew.

PM
    45 miles along the canal in the evening just to keep me away from beer and burgers at home. First run in a while that I almost felt good. 2kg drop in weight this week and a lot more to go.

Monday 13th Jan
    40 mins easy @ lunch was nice to get out in the day light.

Tuesday 14th January
    Got home from work late all ready to go out the door, only to discover I have been roped into babysitting. Wasn't to happybut what can you do. Managed to get out at 10:30 for an easy 30 mins run along the canal. Have ditched coffee, bread and rice and beer from the diet this week and substituted green tea, quinoa and extra veg which seem to be working.

Wed 15 January
    50 mins on the canal again took this very easy and the body is feeling a bit crap at the moment. After half way felt a lot better and picked the pace up a little. A few horses on the canal again today leaving piles of sh1t that almost made me puke when I walked it all over the house.... At least it wasn't dog sh1t.
    Finishe up with some stretching and core work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Stazza

morceli wrote: »
    Monday 6th Jan
    40 mins very easy on road today, mixed it up with some strides just to stop all this mono paced running.

Yep, that's just what you needed.

Stazza wrote: »
    Yep, that's just what you needed.
    Yep that and about 3 months of consistant running. Will be mixing up my running a bit now as work will settle down.

Thursday 16th January
    Rest day but got out for a nice hour walk to keep active.

Friday 17th January
    40 mins around the business mixed it up a bit with 4x5 mins slightly faster. Running with an 24 hour ecg at the moment as part of a medical so will be good to get some feedback on that.

Saturday 18th January
    40 mis easy on grass in the evening with some core work in the morning.

Sunday 19th January

Decided to get around the imra winter league was more of a run walk but enjoyed the event. Legs might be a bit tired tomorrow so will see how they feel

Monday 20th January
    Just an easy 30 mins on grass this evening before it got dark. Had planned only to do 30 mins to see how the legs felt. Actually they felt fine and better than they have been for a few weeks. though about adding on another 10 mins but decided not to.

• Advertisement

Tuesday 21st January
    45 mins aprox tonight with about 20 mins fartlek. Just kept the pace a little faster than easy to work myself a bit more that I have been. Really enjoyed this run and was nice to run rather than plod.

Advertisement