Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hydrofoil fins

• 16-10-2013 9:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

hi all .......

could anyone tell me are hydrofoil fins good or bad . i have a 20foot motor boat 70hp outboard .

thanks in advance .

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

My two cent is if they were any good the outboard companies would build them into the engine :D If your engine is new you can lose your warranty by drilling holes in your cavitation plate, I also feel it affects the resale of an outboard seeing the holes and knowing that the plate has been put under extra strain.
    Are you having problems with the boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭makarov

no no problems with the boat everything is fine . was just thinking of fitting these,s as they seem to save on fuel plus i have heard good and bad things about them so just wanted to ask the question .. but seeming you have answered the question . i have now decided not to fit them . many thanks for your input .

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

They might save a bit on the plane but when your off it they are just extra drag, Glad you changed your mind I hate the bloody things. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭makarov

cheers man and thank you for you advice . :)

Advertisement