Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Taxi App From 313131

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 MrBizzles

Great idea, going straight on the phone thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Is Hailo nation wide tho?Anyone used it I don't have a smart phone at the moment

bigpink wrote: »
    Is Hailo nation wide tho?Anyone used it I don't have a smart phone at the moment

Its in Cork, Galway and Dublin. Will be in Limerick in the coming months

Used it 5 or 6 times in the last few weeks. No problems with it. Just a small issue where a friends house off the SCR has a name instead of a number which caused a slight bit of confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

MrBizzles wrote: »
    Its in Cork, Galway and Dublin. Will be in Limerick in the coming months

It's already up and running in Limerick, not used it yet though

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

A local might be better if they have the more correct info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Hailo is live in Limerick and works fine my wife used it last week, got a text to tell her the driver's name and how long it would be.

Also we have a difficult house to find, but using the app he came straight to our door without the usual 4 phone calls looking for directions. great service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

A local might be better if they have the more correct info

Why, what's wrong with Hailo?

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    It's already up and running in Limerick, not used it yet though

Wasnt aware it had gone live down here. From my expierence in other cities its a great service, will give it a go this weekend and see how it get on with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

phog wrote: »
    Why, what's wrong with Hailo?

Nothing wrong with Hailo.....but the Swifty app is run by 'Fixed Price Taxis', so rather than being charged the meter rate (as with Hailo) you will be charged a fixed price by Swifty.....eg. Caherdavin to City centre Meter Rate would be anything between €9 to €12 or more, depending on Traffic. With Fixed Price Taxi's (amongst others BTW) the charge is €7 regardless of Traffic conditions.

Also remember you need your 3g (and GPS) switched on when using these app's....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I've used hailo a few times now, absolutly fantastic, I can't see myself ringing for a taxi the traditional way any time soon!!

When I signed up, limerick02 was a promo code for €10 hailo credit, not sure if it still works but might be worth a shot!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

You don't need your GPS on

AFAIK all these taxi apps turn on your phone's GPS automatically when you activate them.
    Otherwise they will only have a rough idea of your location by triangulating your phone's signal......unless you actually type in your address.

from the Hailo site;
    Can I book by calling a phone number or SMS?
    No. Hailo works with the GPS in your smartphone, so the only way to get a Hailo cab to come to you is by using the app - it’s just takes two taps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    AFAIK all these taxi apps turn on your phone's GPS automatically when you activate them.
    Otherwise they will only have a rough idea of your location by triangulating your phone's signal......unless you actually type in your address.

that's bull. my 3 years old desire can pinpoint my location with 5m accuracy without gps

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    that's bull. my 3 years old desire can pinpoint my location with 5m accuracy without gps

...only quoting from the Hailo website, maybe you can get on to them and inform them that their instructions are Bull.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

I've better things to do than running someone elses business

.....so I see. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭Mockba

My daughter used The Swifty App at the weekend and found it excellent. No waiting on the street for taxis, they text her the drivers name
    car details & number. The next day the owner called to see how she got on using the app.
    And also as she was leaving the cab she found €20 on the ground which beats Hailo's 10%

Hailo are not giving a 10% discount to anyone.
    They were offering a €10 discount off your 1st fare (only if paid by credit card) but this was only up until sept 30th.
    They charge the Meter rate (without call-out charge).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Apparently Swifty operates a helicopter service too. They can be with me in Cork City in 20 mins at the moment

• Advertisement
Advertisement