Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smithwicks Brewery Experience

Options
  • 16-10-2013 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭

With the Smithwicks Brewery soon to close, Diageo are supposed to be investing in a new visitor centre?
    http://www.smithwicks.ie/SMX-Today.html

Closed until next Srping, does this constitute the €3 million investment? Is it going into the old buildings that front Parliament st.?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭odin_ie

I thought it was just a seasonal opening, when the tourism slows down, they shut up shop

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

odin_ie wrote: »
    I thought it was just a seasonal opening, when the tourism slows down, they shut up shop

Yea perhaps it's just the current one closed for the winter season. Just curious as to where/when and how they're going to encorporate the new Smithwicks Experience into the site? Wonder will the site be like the Sugar Factory and be levelled after it closes.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

road_high wrote: »
    Yea perhaps it's just the current one closed for the winter season. Just curious as to where/when and how they're going to encorporate the new Smithwicks Experience into the site? Wonder will the site be like the Sugar Factory and be levelled after it closes.

I reckon that building and the entire laneway is protected so I reckon it'll stay intact and be incorporated into the new design.

Advertisement