Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building works on far quay

Options
  • 16-10-2013 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭

Was driving down the quays today, looked accross and noticed some construction trucks on far quay, besides the green silos...
    Looks like they were demoing a large shed....
    Any ideas whats going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

robtri wrote: »
    Was driving down the quays today, looked accross and noticed some construction trucks on far quay, besides the green silos...
    Looks like they were demoing a large shed....
    Any ideas whats going on?

Port of Waterford are knocking one of the old grain sheds

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

thomasm wrote: »
    Port of Waterford are knocking one of the old grain sheds

I was hoping it was further signs of a bit of growth....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

robtri wrote: »
    I was hoping it was further signs of a bit of growth....

good to see them knocking some of it none the less. The knocking of that place may well be a bit by bit process spread over years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

I think the real question here is what you were doing down in that part of town when you were supposed to be in work??
    On a side note, who was that handsome bastard in the passenger seat?

Seriously though, its good to see a bit of clearing being done there as well as new street, its giving the town a bit of a look of readiness for when things start picking up again, which i think we all hope will be soon!

I know the operation to demolish the old mill there would be gigantic but its a start anyway..

H

Advertisement