Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creche or child minder ?

Options
  • 16-10-2013 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hiya,
    I'm just wondering which is better for a 15 month old boy.

Can anyone recommend either or in the Wicklow area?

Thanks all

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If you contact Childminding Ireland http://www.childminding.ie/ they can give you a list of registered childminders in your area.
    Go look around your local creches and see what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DTP06

I think its different for everyone. My little fella is really social and loves new people so he loved the creche, he was 10 months when he started (19 months now). My friends little girl was very timid and shy so she felt better leaving her with a childminder. Cost/flexibility are other important factors - some creches will only take children if they are in the creche full-time so if you only need a few days a week you might have to go with a childminder. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

I think its different for each family. I have a childminder and I find it great because I have a lot of flexibility of days per week and hours per day which I need as I work retail. Also I like that while he is around a few children he isnt exposed to as much colds and the like. I also feel like he gets a lot of one on one attention which makes me feel like I don't have to worry about him while I'm at work. But finding a person you feel comfortable with is the hard part. A childminder wont be as regulated and monitored like a crèche. Positive and negative aspects for each side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Rachineire wrote: »
    I think its different for each family. I have a childminder and I find it great because I have a lot of flexibility of days per week and hours per day which I need as I work retail. Also I like that while he is around a few children he isnt exposed to as much colds and the like. I also feel like he gets a lot of one on one attention which makes me feel like I don't have to worry about him while I'm at work. But finding a person you feel comfortable with is the hard part. A childminder wont be as regulated and monitored like a crèche. Positive and negative aspects for each side.

What about a small crèche? I couldn't find a childminder so have settled for a small crèche beside us. He's one of three babies there so I feel like he'll still get special attention. There's toddlers downstairs so he may well still get bugs watch but what do you do?!

Advertisement