Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused as to why infraction was received

Options
  • 16-10-2013 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭

Earlier on in the motors chat thread things got a little bit heated between a moderator and some users as to why other users are banned from the forum.
    Moderator gave warnings to stop discussing bans and to take it to feedback however it continued. Eventually It was posted by one of the moderators that the thread was going to be closed if bans of certain users was continued to be discussed.
    However it was and I posted the following.
    "Lads to prevent what is one of the best threads on boards, lets not discuss bans here.
    Do i think that some users get banned who shouldn't, who should be allowed another chance at the discretion of the community on the forum, as opposed to mods, yes.
    But lets not derail a great thread."

While yes I gave my opinion on bans, I was in the process of making a thread in feedback to link back to the above post.
    The post above was to continue with "lets discuss bans of users as instructed by moderators in feedback. Thread has been made here"
    By the time I got back to insert the link, the motors thread was closed.

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Why is it confusing? The moderator said to stop discussing the topic of bans, and you posted on the topic of bans. That's ignoring a moderator instruction, hence the infraction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Why is it confusing? The moderator said to stop discussing the topic of bans, and you posted on the topic of bans. That's ignoring a moderator instruction, hence the infraction.

I wasn't able to edit my post with the link back to the feedback thread like advised by the moderator.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Scortho wrote: »
    I wasn't able to edit my post with the link back to the feedback thread like advised by the moderator.
    The infraction was for ignoring a moderator's instruction. Even if you had edited in a link to the Feedback forum, it would still have been a post on the topic that the moderator had asked you not to post about.

When a moderator tells you not to post on a topic, don't post on that topic. The infraction stands.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement