Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1 Week 6 Results

Options
  • 16-10-2013 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭

Jets edge past Steelers 28-14

Close game with Steelers deservedly leading at the half 7-6. Indeed it could have been a greater lead but for a pick, deep in the red zone. Jets got a quick TD on the resumption to take the lead with and added the 2pt conversion. Jets D then came good and after a couple of stops they for two further TD's to put the game away with a Geno pass to Pascoe and then a Chris Ivory run.

HowAreWe played much better than his record, cannot see how he is still winless.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Redskins 24-52 Cowboys

Dallas come out on top in a pretty ridiculous game, hilarious is another word I'd use to describe a game full of missed hit-sticks, kickoff return TDs, 70 yard bombs and hurdling. The Redskins D looked hungover as they dropped at least 3 easy picks and missed bad tackles on Miles Austin, who had 2 receptions for 133 yards and 2 TDs... Other than that Leon Washington was a joke on the return game again, Romo had a perfect passer rating with 4 TDs, Demarco Murray passed 100 yards on the ground. For the Skins, Morris was probably the best performer.

Hard luck Pudsy, we meet again week 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Beat the rams, Go 5-1...Perrin next, le sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Colts beat the Chargers by 6, Tyrrell was unlucky here, his offense caused the muck Colts defense all sorts of problems, Gates and Alexander his main targets and only for a Bethea Interception in the endzone with 5 secs left on the clock, he would've won.

Colts offense was excellant during this game, Andrew Luck i think was 16-20 for 300 yards passing with 2 TD's, he also had a rushing TD to.

Ahmad Bradshaw and new FA signing Darius Reynaud had 100 yards on the ground between them with a couple of TD's.

Up next we welcome Peyton back to Indianapolis and with the state of my Defense its gonna be a very happy return.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Redskins 24-52 Cowboys

Dallas come out on top in a pretty ridiculous game, hilarious is another word I'd use to describe a game full of missed hit-sticks, kickoff return TDs, 70 yard bombs and hurdling. The Redskins D looked hungover as they dropped at least 3 easy picks and missed bad tackles on Miles Austin, who had 2 receptions for 133 yards and 2 TDs... Other than that Leon Washington was a joke on the return game again, Romo had a perfect passer rating with 4 TDs, Demarco Murray passed 100 yards on the ground. For the Skins, Morris was probably the best performer.

Hard luck Pudsy, we meet again week 16.

Don't forget Romo's keep on the end around, hilarious is the only word.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,659 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Colts beat the Chargers by 6, Tyrrell was unlucky here, his offense caused the muck Colts defense all sorts of problems, Gates and Alexander his main targets and only for a Bethea Interception in the endzone with 5 secs left on the clock, he would've won.

Colts offense was excellant during this game, Andrew Luck i think was 16-20 for 300 yards passing with 2 TD's, he also had a rushing TD to.

Ahmad Bradshaw and new FA signing Darius Reynaud had 100 yards on the ground between them with a couple of TD's.

Up next we welcome Peyton back to Indianapolis and with the state of my Defense its gonna be a very happy return.

It was a fun game, your defense made a couple of crucial tackles which knocked the ball loose when the receivers were past the first down marker. What killed me was the fact I only had 2 redzone attempts, and only one TD from it. On that last throw the FS popped up out if nowhere, I thought Gates had the linebacker well beaten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Don't forget Romo's keep on the end around, hilarious is the only word.

Cant believe I forgot that, classic Romo moment (from now on I'll call them Romoments), just wish I had it recorded somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Saints beat the Patriots on the road, 21-17, in what was a very close game.

I wasn't able to get the scoring summary for this one as I got the bug that the lads were talking about during the week in which there was no exit screen after the game, but there were a couple of key moments in this one.

The first was just before half time. The Saints received a punt with about 40 seconds left in the half and decided to go for one last drive to try and bring the lead to two scores, however, Brees to Colston was picked off on around my own 35 yard line. That left the Patriots with great field position to get at least a field goal, but Brady was picked off by Vaccaro on the first play on that drive and that brought a close to the half.

The second was in the fourth quarter. The Saints were up 21-14 and just outside the redzone. Brees decided to go play action and aim for Watson on a slant but the coverage was too great and Talib was able to get in front of him to pick it off. That gave the Patriots the ball on around their own 30 yard line with about 4 minutes of time remaining. Some nice Ridley runs along with throws to Amendola gave them a nice drive, and after converting one big third and long the Patriots again faced a third down inside field goal range. With around 2:30 on the clock, they decided to go for a field goal hoping to stop the Saints and get the ball back to go for the win. The field goal was successful, but fortunately for me Sproles was able to get some hard yards up the middle which allowed me to kneel out the final minute.

Some player stats:

Brees - 12/17, 215 yards, 2 TD's, 2 INT's
    Brady - 13/20, 126 yards, 2 INT's

Graham - 5 receptions, 98 yards
    Amendola - 4 receptions, 40 yards

Ridley - 16 attempts, 84 yards
    Sproles - 14 attempts, 46 yards

Good game Guns. I was sweating it at the end when I threw that second pick as I thought I may have blown my chance to wrap it up by going for a risky play action pass instead of running a couple more times and kicking the field goal to make it a two score game. Thankfully my defense held up at the crucial time. Good luck for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Paully D wrote: »
    Saints beat the Patriots on the road, 21-17, in what was a very close game.

I wasn't able to get the scoring summary for this one as I got the bug that the lads were talking about during the week in which there was no exit screen after the game, but there were a couple of key moments in this one.

The first was just before half time. The Saints received a punt with about 40 seconds left in the half and decided to go for one last drive to try and bring the lead to two scores, however, Brees to Colston was picked off on around my own 35 yard line. That left the Patriots with great field position to get at least a field goal, but Brady was picked off by Vaccaro on the first play on that drive and that brought a close to the half.

The second was in the fourth quarter. The Saints were up 21-14 and just outside the redzone. Brees decided to go play action and aim for Watson on a slant but the coverage was too great and Talib was able to get in front of him to pick it off. That gave the Patriots the ball on around their own 30 yard line with about 4 minutes of time remaining. Some nice Ridley runs along with throws to Amendola gave them a nice drive, and after converting one big third and long the Patriots again faced a third down inside field goal range. With around 2:30 on the clock, they decided to go for a field goal hoping to stop the Saints and get the ball back to go for the win. The field goal was successful, but fortunately for me Sproles was able to get some hard yards up the middle which allowed me to kneel out the final minute.

Some player stats:

Brees - 12/17, 215 yards, 2 TD's, 2 INT's
    Brady - 13/20, 126 yards, 2 INT's

Graham - 5 receptions, 98 yards
    Amendola - 4 receptions, 40 yards

Ridley - 16 attempts, 84 yards
    Sproles - 14 attempts, 46 yards

Good game Guns. I was sweating it at the end when I threw that second pick as I thought I may have blown my chance to wrap it up by going for a risky play action pass instead of running a couple more times and kicking the field goal to make it a two score game. Thankfully my defense held up at the crucial time. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Yea it was a tight one. That pick killed it for me. Didn't really get my run game going at all really. Knew i had to try to stop Graham but its near impossible. Thought about going for it on 4th and 5 instead of kicking the FG, but played it a bit too safe.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

At a wet Century Link the Titans visit the Hawks.

Titan punt..Hawks Score, Ttians then fumble and watch as its returned for a TD
    Locker throws an int, but Titans manage to force apunt, Titans then punt, Hawks drive followed by a TD.

Titans on 4th and 3 go for it but then throw a pick on the next play, Hawks take the ball 70 odd yards to the 11 on the next play, they kicka FG

HT and its 0-24 Hawks,they recieve

titans move the ball hunter catches and fumbles again, TD Hawks

Titans finally get to the redzone an score!
    Titans send a bomb to hunter in the endzone and he comes down with it

Titans stop lynch! no! he wobles through most of the Titans D line and then gallop 80yards for a TD, Titans get it moving again but go on a deep bomb

Kendall Wright 6 drops with most either being 1st down or in one or 2 cases TDs,just shocking.

Good game Padraic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Done stats for above game

Titans 14
    Seahawks 38

Passing
    Locker- Rating 53.3
    15/32 attempts for 234 yards 2 TD,3 INT, longest 40 yards.

Wilson- Rating 158.3
    6/7 attempts for 103 yards 1 TD , 0 INT, longest 32 yards.

Rushing
    Johnson 10 carries for 70 yards, 0 TD,0 fum, longest run 19.
    Locker ran twice for 13 yards

Lynch 22 carries for 189 yards, 2 TD, 0 fum, longest run 72 yards,
    Wilson also ran 3 times for 45 yards

I feel your pain with Kendal wright Heli, 1 catch for 17 yards and 6 game changer drops.. (Cold streak)
    Hunter caught 6 for 84 though which kind of made up for it.

Seahawks go 6-0!
    And the most ridiculous bit is I still haven't thrown any interceptions or fumbled the ball?!?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Packers beat Ravens 10-9. Finally got some plays together in the fourth quarter to get a TD and FG to win after conceding three field goals in three quarters. Terrible throwing nearly cost me the W but GB march on in a competive division.

Advertisement