Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions for Eircom Reps re eVision

Options
  • 17-10-2013 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭

Hi Eircom Reps,

I have a few questions about eVision & would be grateful for answers to the following:

1) Any plans to supply any of the following channels: UTV, ITV 2, 3 & 4, Sky News, Sky Sports News, Sky One & Two, Sky Living?

2) Can you confirm that '' users can then customise their package with add-ons like HD, sports or movie channels, or multiroom boxes to spread the connection throughout the house. These additions require just a one-month commitment and there are no downgrade fees. (as per article in http://www.siliconrepublic.com/new-media/item/34523-eircom-launches/ ) In other words can customers order any of these add-ons (HD, sports or movie channels) for a month at a time & ring up to cancel at the end of that month without any requirement to give notice or incur cancellation/downgrade fees?

3) I'm aware that RTE Two HD is available free of charge to all customers able to receive HD channels, but why isn't TG4 HD also available free of charge?

4) Do you supply the same STB (eVision + Box & eVision Multiroom Box) for both standard & HD subscribers, & do both boxes have both scart & HDMI connection capability?

5) The free evision promotion is advertised as being available until 31/12/2013. Are there or will there be an equivalent promotion for customers whose area won't be efibre enabled until Jan - Mar 2014 according to the eFibre online checker?

6) Where can I find out more information regarding the Quad Packs?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Eircom Reps,

I have a few questions about eVision & would be grateful for answers to the following:

1) Any plans to supply any of the following channels: UTV, ITV 2, 3 & 4, Sky News, Sky Sports News, Sky One & Two, Sky Living?

2) Can you confirm that '' users can then customise their package with add-ons like HD, sports or movie channels, or multiroom boxes to spread the connection throughout the house. These additions require just a one-month commitment and there are no downgrade fees. (as per article in http://www.siliconrepublic.com/new-media/item/34523-eircom-launches/ ) In other words can customers order any of these add-ons (HD, sports or movie channels) for a month at a time & ring up to cancel at the end of that month without any requirement to give notice or incur cancellation/downgrade fees?

3) I'm aware that RTE Two HD is available free of charge to all customers able to receive HD channels, but why isn't TG4 HD also available free of charge?

4) Do you supply the same STB (eVision + Box & eVision Multiroom Box) for both standard & HD subscribers, & do both boxes have both scart & HDMI connection capability?

5) The free evision promotion is advertised as being available until 31/12/2013. Are there or will there be an equivalent promotion for customers whose area won't be efibre enabled until Jan - Mar 2014 according to the eFibre online checker?

6) Where can I find out more information regarding the Quad Packs?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi Cushie Butterfield

1) I am afraid we have no information as to when those channels may be available at present.

2) Yes the add on has a 30 day contract

3) (not an official response) However as far as I am aware TG4 does not have - in terms of content / programming volume wise that would be enhanced by HD comparatively to other channels.

4) HD is not available to Multiroom boxes and they would connect via wifi

5) New promotions for all eircom products / services are always becoming available. I can not ay definitively if that exact promotion would be available in January however there will always be new competitive offers released.

6) Quad packs are planned and hopefully coming early next year. We would not have the information available at the moment.

I am sorry I could not be specific on some questions. I hope that helps.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Thanks, Mark
    Thanks Mark. Much appreciated.

Thanks, Mark
    No problem

Mark

Thanks, Mark
    No problem

Mark
    I'm back again Mark looking for clarification on the Multiroom box. You said yesterday that HD isn't available on Multiroom boxes, but the info in the features checklist seems to indicate that it does?

https://www.eircom.net/tv/equipment-features

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Thanks, Mark
    No problem

Mark
    I'm back again Mark looking for clarification on the Multiroom box. You said yesterday that HD isn't available on Multiroom boxes, but the info in the features checklist seems to indicate that it does?

Hi Cushie Butterfield

Can you confirm where on this page does it say HD is available on multiroom boxes? I've clicked on the evision multi room box (highlighting it pink) and I cannot see any reference to HD being available.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

Thanks, Mark
    No problem

Mark

Hi Cushie Butterfield

Can you confirm where on this page does it say HD is available on multiroom boxes? I've clicked on the evision multi room box (highlighting it pink) and I cannot see any reference to HD being available.

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

If you click on the pink eVision Multiroom Box tab & scroll down to the features checklist where there is a comparison table & look at Ability To show HD Channels there is a tick beside by both boxes.

Thanks, Mark
    No problem

Mark

Hi Cushie Butterfield

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

If you click on the pink eVision Multiroom Box tab & scroll down to the features checklist where there is a comparison table & look at Ability To show HD Channels there is a tick beside by both boxes.
    Thanks Cushie Butterfield

You are indeed correct, thanks for highlighting this to me. I'll request clarification on this and get back to you as soon as I have further information.

Many thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

Just to clarify, the multiroom boxes do not and will not connect over wifi, homeplugs will be provided free with the multiroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

allen175 wrote: »
    Just to clarify, the multiroom boxes do not and will not connect over wifi, homeplugs will be provided free with the multiroom.

Hi Cushie Butterfield,

I have got clarification that the HD is in fact available on Multiroom boxes.

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cormac1902

Will Sky Sports HD be available on eVision?

Also, will you be able to manually tune in channels?

• Advertisement

Cormac1902 wrote: »

Hi Cormac1902

I am getting clarification on this and I will get back to you soon.

Thanks, Mark

Cormac1902 wrote: »

Hi Cormac1902

I have confirmed that the channels dependent on the package customers choose will have set channel numbers and will not need to be tuned in.

HD is not available for Sky sports at present, I was unable to get an indication as to when it may be I'm afraid.

Mark

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

For what its worth, multi room isn't done through WiFi. There done via home plugs. But you can move the box from room to room. :)

Sully wrote: »
    For what its worth, multi room isn't done through WiFi. There done via home plugs. But you can move the box from room to room. :)
    Hi Sully

Apologies, I got confirmation it can be connected via the home plugs.

Apologies, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Sean54

I ordered evision from sales. I am currently an efibre customer only (No PSTN line).
    An appointment was made for installation of evision.
    Eircom failed to keep the appointment, I phoned and was given no explanation why appointment was not kept, something about the computer system.
    Eircom Rep then called then called back after almost two weeks and asked me if I still wanted evision. I replied in the positive.

A new appointment was made but the order number was changed and a PSTN line was included in the order.

I phoned Eircom and was told I had to take a phone line if I wanted evision.
    I have attached a PDF file downloaded from the evision web page under pricing and it clearly gives pricing for evision without a PSTN line.

Check out the link below

http://www.eircom.ie/bveircom/pdf/Pt11.1.pdf

A lot of confusion in Eircom sales!

Sean54 wrote: »
    I ordered evision from sales. I am currently an efibre customer only (No PSTN line).
    Eircom failed to keep the appointment, I phoned and was given no explanation why appointment was not kept, something about the computer system.
    Eircom Rep then called then called back after almost two weeks and asked me if I still wanted evision. I replied in the positive.

A new appointment was made but the order number was changed and a PSTN line was included in the order.

I have attached a PDF file downloaded from the evision web page under pricing and it clearly gives pricing for evision without a PSTN line.

Check out the link below

Hi Sean54

Can you please PM me your account details? I'll look into this further for you.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Anansi boy

What fibre speed do I need to have in my home to allow eVision to work?

Check out the link below

Hi Sean54

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

You never came back to me.

Check out the link below

Hi Sean54

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

Hi Sean54

Apologies for the delay,

I have been informed that a standalone efibre an evision package does not exist and a PSTN line is required. Should you wish to make a complaint to this effect please let me know and I will PM you the necessary details to do so.

Thanks

Al

Check out the link below

Hi Sean54

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

Hi Sean54

Apologies for the delay,

I have been informed that a standalone efibre an evision package does not exist and a PSTN line is required. Should you wish to make a complaint to this effect please let me know and I will PM you the necessary details to do so.

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan,

I have no wish to complain I am very happy with the E fibre product ,just found it very odd that Eircom have a price list on on there website for E vision & with standalone broadband.

• Advertisement

Check out the link below

Hi Sean54

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

Hi Sean54

Apologies for the delay,

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan,

I have no wish to complain I am very happy with the E fibre product ,just found it very odd that Eircom have a price list on on there website for E vision & with standalone broadband.
    Hi Sean54

I will certainly pass your feedback on this to online operations.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3 danielol11

Hi 
    I ordered 2 evison boxes and e fibre broadband on the February 10 th .My install date was arranged for the 18th of Feb.
    My phoneline was installed on the 15th but when i didn't receive a phone call confirming my install i contacted eircom and was advised that it would be 10 days from when the phoneline went active .I said grand what the harm in 10 days .

Nearly 10 days later  now  Feb 25th and after more phone calls this morning i have been told it is 20 days from when the phoneline was installed so i have to wait till march 3rd to see if im called to pencil me in for a install and if they don't have one by Monday then it will be the following week 

Everytime im seem to speak with a member of staff i get told something different or just passed rom department to department 
    It's coming to a stage now where i have seen how bad the customer service ,I have started to think am imad to be getting involved with a company that can't provide me with a simple install .

It took me nearly 2 weeks just to get a order number 968519

can somebody get this escalated as im am just at the point of cancelling the lot and going with a different provider 

danielol11 wrote: »
    Hi 
    I ordered 2 evison boxes and e fibre broadband on the February 10 th .My install date was arranged for the 18th of Feb.
    My phoneline was installed on the 15th but when i didn't receive a phone call confirming my install i contacted eircom and was advised that it would be 10 days from when the phoneline went active .I said grand what the harm in 10 days .

Nearly 10 days later  now  Feb 25th and after more phone calls this morning i have been told it is 20 days from when the phoneline was installed so i have to wait till march 3rd to see if im called to pencil me in for a install and if they don't have one by Monday then it will be the following week 

Everytime im seem to speak with a member of staff i get told something different or just passed rom department to department 
    It's coming to a stage now where i have seen how bad the customer service ,I have started to think am imad to be getting involved with a company that can't provide me with a simple install .

can somebody get this escalated as im am just at the point of cancelling the lot and going with a different provider 

Hi danielol11

I'm genuinely sorry to hear of this, I can see that this has been escalated to the efibre back office. As it stands you should be notified of an appointment before the third of March to arrange installation however I will indeed request this to be prioritised.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3 danielol11

danielol11 wrote: »
    Hi 

Hi danielol11

I'm genuinely sorry to hear of this, I can see that this has been escalated to the efibre back office. As it stands you should be notified of an appointment before the third of March to arrange installation however I will indeed request this to be prioritised.

Thanks

Al
    Well it is now 3 o clock on Monday March 3rd and still no phone call 
    It really can't be that hard to hace a engineer come out to a house and have these installed .Do ye actually want to have new customers .No phone call by today and i will be cancelling 

Advertisement